Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ej...................MIA ?

Originally posted by charliebrown View Post
    There have been some advances in minimally invasive surgery and imaging I would hate to give up. I had an emergency appendectomy two years ago and was up and walking the next day. MRI images of my son's body led to a diagnosis and therapy. But ... I do agree too much of end life stuff. Both my parents died of cancer. My mom went for the agressive surguries and chemo only to spend the last months of her life sick, emaciated, and puking. My dad said "I'm not going through with that"
    and just let death come. When my time comes, I think I will go the 80/20 rule. Try something simple if it don't work Lord have mercy on my soul. I just hope my kiddles are indepent when the day comes, and I get to hold one grand child.

The costs are way out of control. My apendectomy was billed to insurance at 50K. 40 years ago, I probably would have been cut clear across my abdomen and been
    bed ridden for a week and been in a lot of pain. I bet the bill would be closer to 5K. 45K for a week off of work and a little pain. Maybe it would be worth it.
    My son's recent appendectomy billed out at around $23k (?) IIRC. In at 10PM, out at 2PM next day. I was stunned. In the end it cost significantly less, but still...

Comment

when I got all the bills I was floored too. 50K is a little high, but I know the bill started with a 4. I asked for the itemized bill thinking a mistake was made, and I could not find one. I laid in the ER forever 8 AM ... 2PM, and had some cat scans. I was also in an isolation room because the previous weekend I had contact with poision ivy and had a blistery rash on my arms. I told them what it was, but they didn't believe a non medical arm chair scientist. I think it was 2K out of pocket. I was in at 8 AM out by 12 PM the next day. Isolation room was billed out at around 3K if I remember correctly.

I have to say that the instant I woke up after surgery I felt great. That burning hot coal in my gut was gone. That was the first time I ever felt like dancing after srugery.

Comment

In Baptist seminiary the leading theory taught is that those end times in the bible refer to the destruction of the second temple in 70 AD. This writing was meant for contemperaries, not some future generation 2000 years removed.

Looking at prohpetic writing of revalation and trying to stuff them into current events, is sometimes referred to as "Newspaper Escatology" and rejected by most serious scholars.

If us lowly, but egocentric humans think we can hurry the return of God, I have just one thing to say from a Yiddish Proverb
        "Man plans and God Laughs", or perhaps more fitting in this instance, "Man plans and God is P.O'd"
        Here is my Noahized version:
        Man scams and God puts man on a raft.

Comment

wtf is this? i go away on vacation & you guys turn a thread into a contest over whose religious belief system is better?

really?

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
            wtf is this? i go away on vacation & you guys turn a thread into a contest over whose religious belief system is better?

really?
            Sorry metalman. Next time we'll be sure to wait, so you have a chance to join in. ;)

Comment

Sorry mm, I get carried away. I do have mild add, spaceyness. No more

Comment

Sorry mm, I get carried away. I do have mild add, spaceyness. No more
                no, really... all the arguing about who's god is better is truly innerestin'...

...in the 4th quarter of the jump ball.

Comment

Working...
                X