Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega update

Mega update

Had a few days on the Psychotropic drugs, not good……it’s hard to describe the effect. It’s sort of like having a cloud inside your brain. I stopped taking them and we see where we are when things clear.

As I begin to “clear” I received shareholder info from Barrick Gold today. Very interesting, most of the directors are ex-Goldman sac…however one name leapt from the page & butted me in the face…Nat Rothschild.

Talking of Gold I was very disappointed that none of you where will to comment on my Gold buying question. I given a lot of time & effort to “iTulip” over the years & forwarded a lot of information. As it happened I have NOT as yet bought any this year….i notice the price seems to be setting lower & the £ is strangely climbing.

I decide to buy some if it dips under £1,000 an oz (£1018 now)

Sorry, I can’t think right now…
    Mike

Re: Mega update

Originally posted by Mega View Post
    Mega update

Had a few days on the Psychotropic drugs, not good……it’s hard to describe the effect. It’s sort of like having a cloud inside your brain. I stopped taking them and we see where we are when things clear.

As I begin to “clear” I received shareholder info from Barrick Gold today. Very interesting, most of the directors are ex-Goldman sac…however one name leapt from the page & butted me in the face…Nat Rothschild.

Talking of Gold I was very disappointed that none of you where will to comment on my Gold buying question. I given a lot of time & effort to “iTulip” over the years & forwarded a lot of information. As it happened I have NOT as yet bought any this year….i notice the price seems to be setting lower & the £ is strangely climbing.

Mike
    Mega, I wish you the best in all things, most especially your health. Please do look after yourself. Our focus here is mostly on gold and money, but these things will lose importance if health diminishes.

Your plan for buying gold seems sound; at least you have thought it through and have a price point where you will place your order.

Comment

Mega update

Mike
      Mike for what is worth, I think gold is a great value right now when compared to cash, bonds, broad stock indices and RE in Canada, China, UK, Australia etc.

I would also consider Platinum/Rhodium at this juncture as they are selling for less than Gold.

Take care of yourself will ya?

Eh, maybe once you are back to normal you will post another of your YouTube Hit Clip!?

Comment

1959: San Jose bungalow: $17,950
        2012: Silicon Valley bungalow: $350,000

Inflation in bungalow price, ignoring what has happened in the Santa Clara Valley: 19.5 to 1.

Gold adjustment needed to keep up with the outrageous inflation in Silicon Valley homes: $35-----> $682.45.... But modest homes in Silicon Valley are desperately needed, whereas gold in Silicon Valley or anywhere else.........?????

Understood, gold is somewhat magical, so gold gets special treatment in pricing. But really, copper is still $3.50 per pound, give or take. And copper is needed for everything, everywhere: pipes, wires, faucets, coins, electronics, cars, tubes, door-handles, cables, elevators, alloys, flatware, pots, pans, motors, batteries, lamp-posts, floor-plates, chemicals, etc...

Yes, gold is easier to store. It stacks in bricks. But copper, especially sacks of copper coins, can be used for door-stops. And there is a ready market for copper at any salvage yard. Not real sexy, not something James Bond might save, nevertheless copper turns in a flash to dirty old cash, anywhere in the world, anytime, all markets, all buyers, all moods, all weather.

Mega, being the official moron and the slow learner here, I would think that gold is in a speculative bubble right now.

Oh, and one more nice thing about copper: it's not a target-risk. Copper is too heavy to carry and too visible to conceal. Plus, the gangs and low-lives on the streets don't really want to go to prison for stealing copper; they would be the joke of the prison.
        Last edited by Starving Steve; April 21, 2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post

Mega, being the official moron and the slow learner here, I would think that gold is in a speculative bubble right now.
          Steve, given that you allow yourself to call another ituliper a "moron", surely you can at least provide your current asset allocation and keep it updated for all of us to admire your incredible return on investments over the years to come?

Understood your comments are magical.

Comment

Originally posted by LargoWinch View Post
            Steve, given that you allow yourself to call another ituliper a "moron", surely you can at least provide your current asset allocation and keep it updated for all of us to admire your incredible return on investments over the years to come?

I believe Steve was being self-deprecating and referring to himself.
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho

Comment

Originally posted by LargoWinch View Post

If I were a cold and calculating chartist, the chart on gold looks rather toppy right now.... Wouldn't you agree? But the chart on copper looks downright boring; like how could the market for copper get any flatter and any more depressed? Decades of inflation, and barely a response from copper, or any of the other base metals.

Ever drive through Minnesota or Wisconsin, Iowa or Illinois? That is the chart for copper.

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post
                If I were a cold and calculating chartist, the chart on gold looks rather toppy right now.... Wouldn't you agree? But the chart on copper looks downright boring; like how could the market for copper get any flatter and any more depressed? Decades of inflation, and barely a response from copper, or any of the other base metals.

Ever drive through Minnesota or Wisconsin, Iowa or Illinois? That is the chart for copper.
                Errr, hum are we talking about the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
                  I believe Steve was being self-deprecating and referring to himself.
                  Really? Steve?

Comment

You are right! On a 10-year time frame, copper has responded to inflation. I was completely wrong. I was thinking like 50 years from like 60 or 80cents to $3.50 per pound; that's not much.

If you drive through Minnesota, when you cross the Missabi Range on Hwy 53, it's perfectly flat. The only hill is about 300 feet change in elevation from the road, and you have to hunt for the hill. The trees conceal the hill.

With the sole exception of the Lake Superior country, there is no up or down to Minnesota. Everything is flat. Even water doesn't run-off; it stays stagnant in swamps.
                    Last edited by Starving Steve; April 21, 2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Almost straight-A grades in high school, my score on the verbal part of the SAT exam in 1966 was 306, and a new low for my high school. I had just outlined my essay, and they took my test from me. I had written two sentences of the essay....

In recent months, to dissolve a blood clot in leg, I took blood thinners which caused massive bleeding in my brain. And to remove the blood in my brain, Victoria General Hospital in Victoria had to drill holes in my head.... The holes didn't make me any brighter or faster in solving problems. My short-term memory is going to hell....which is a common problem after a brain-drain, and it only gets worse.

The holes in the skull were no big issue, because you sleep through that. Any complications with the drill job, and you never wake-up.... The agony of the surgery was the catheter in your penis, a ritual torture for males which begins around 8PM the night before surgery. Try sleeping that night!

One of the 88-year-olds in my room screamed bloody-murder when they brought his catheter in. Sometimes, it's better to be dead, no matter what the Pope might think.

As far as being an official moron, only I have the SAT test scores and neurologist papers to prove it.
                      Last edited by Starving Steve; April 21, 2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Mega update

Mike
                        I believe the gold stocks are a better buy - Newmont (2.67+% div) looks great buy LITTLE bit of as many miners as possible

Comment

Still jtabebbed, no spare cash to buy. I think it may consolidate more though. Very busy lately. Great things afoot.
                          Get well soon mate. Make peace with the black dog.
                          It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Comment

My thanks to all, its hard to talk right now, i sat here for hours trying to think but my thoughts are deep & dark. I have ensure i don't harm myself right now. I have a number of people that require my prsence in this life at this time......i can see only pain & sorrow ahead, little joy...

I think the biggest dissapointment for me has been the total lack of responce people to the wars....i recall the Vietham riots & may be they were just better people back then?.....something has happened to us, we lost our human spirt.

Comment

there was a draft in the u.s. during the vietnam war. big difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X