Zero Hedge 2011 Predictions-a look back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Hedge 2011 Predictions-a look back

Here's a look back at Zero Hedges predictions for the year just gone by(2011). Not too bad really.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/2011-whats-coming

And it is always a good exercise to review such things. It allows us to "credibility weight" future predictions.

My family teases me for reading such doom-filled sites like zero hedge and I-tulip for economic insight...but I suspect I did better than they did this past year from an investment perspective (and I did't do anything too great)

Re: Zero Hedge 2011 Predictions-a look back

The guy did pretty well.
    It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Comment

Some of his more outlandish calls obviously didn't come true, but the more subtle calls were right on the money. Plus 1 to him for calling Kim Jung Ill's death. Pretty prophetic IMO.

Comment

To say one particular person's predictions mirror the overall state of Zero Hedge's predictions is a looooooong stretch.

Though I think Krasting did pretty well - the actual success rate was well under 25%.

Major big dings for:

1) Not mentioning Italy as the big PIIGS problem in 2011
        2) Epic fail on the yen short
        3) Fail on the Fed - I've seen zero approbation
        4) Epic fail on weather: no hurricanes even at Cat 3. There was a spate of tornados, but otherwise it was a very, very quiet year weatherwise.
        5) Epic fails on Obama predictions: no means test, etc etc.

Comment

"To say one particular person's predictions mirror the overall state of Zero Hedge's predictions is a looooooong stretch."

C1ue, you are absolutely right. I missed that this was a zerohedge contributor and not the editor. I should not have conflated the two.

Still, an interesting exercise.

Comment

I think Krasting in the sharpest guy on the blog. He is Swiss and has a particularly good grasp of the Swiss banking system.

Comment

Working...
            X