iTulip Find: John Bogle on Bill Moyers Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTulip Find: John Bogle on Bill Moyers Journal

This week's Bill Moyers Journal on PBS starts with a ~25-minute interview with John Bogle, founder of Vanguard. No new enlightenment for iTulipers, but an interesting interview that makes some of the same points discussed here.

He criticizes the way private equity firms have looted public companies, talks about the financial economy vs. the production economy, the influence of money and short-term thinking on politics and business, etc.

See also: The Big Bet
    Frankenstein Economy
    Risk Pollution
    Last edited by FRED; September 30, 2007, 05:27 PM. Reason: iTulip.com Find

Re: John Bogle on Bill Moyers Journal

Originally posted by zoog View Post
    This week's Bill Moyers Journal on PBS starts with a ~25-minute interview with John Bogle, founder of Vanguard. No new enlightenment for iTulipers, but an interesting interview that makes some of the same points discussed here.

He criticizes the way private equity firms have looted public companies, talks about the financial economy vs. the production economy, the influence of money and short-term thinking on politics and business, etc.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/09282007/watch.html
    Good catch. Yes, old news for iTulipers. Yet Bogle is heavy duty and may tell us more than he told Moyers if we ask the right questions. Adding him to the interview list now.
    Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
      Good catch. Yes, old news for iTulipers. Yet Bogle is heavy duty and may tell us more than he told Moyers if we ask the right questions. Adding him to the interview list now.
      In case anyone asks whether we might be bleeding heart libertarians over here, I give you:

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."
      ~ Archbishop Helder Camara
      Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
        In case anyone asks whether we might be bleeding heart libertarians over here, I give you:

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."
        ~ Archbishop Helder Camara
        Thank you zoog. It was enjoyable to listen to an interview on an increasingly controversial and emotional topic, without the histrionics that usually accompany. The iTulip interview will, as usual, be eagerly anticipated.

Fred: May I suggest you add the quote above to the Quote of the Day string. I intend to shamelessly plagiarise it during my next economics discussion with my mother-in-law... ;)

Comment

Sad, but this is just another example of the new feudalism:

Improved upon the old feudalism by removing even the duty of maintaining basic survival of your peasants.

Comment

Re: iTulip Find: John Bogle on Bill Moyers Journal

DID Ituilp ever interview Jack Bogle? What do we think of Vanguard and his index Funds?

Comment

Working...
            X