Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government Hypocrisy on Display

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXMbenb5Ysw

This is the reason why we must Vote Out ALL Incumbents (with very few exceptions) . . . .
    raja
    Boycott Big Banks • Vote Out Incumbents

Re: Government Hypocrisy on Display

Looking forward to your alternative slate of candidates

Comment

Originally posted by don View Post
      Looking forward to your alternative slate of candidates
      I will not vote, rather than vote for someone I don't like.
      However . . . .

I didn't like Ron Paul at first, but I've given him a second look and now would vote for him.

He has a chance. His Newt take-down received a lot of attention, and it was quite good:

http://youtu.be/CWKTOCP45zY

Email debates with friends prompted me to look further at Paul's policies.

He is often thought of as anti-union, but his view is actually more nuanced:

http://www.dailypaul.com/159430/ron-...ive-bargaining

he says that he's in agreement with workers getting together, meeting, forming groups and negotiating together. So, he's not against the workers joining together in a "union" to gain rights and benefits from business.
      But he wants to remove the "forced" aspect of unions, for example, where people are forced to join a union. Furthermore, he says, "Unions can't force things on the businessman, and the businessman can't force things on the union or working people." He says they have to come together "voluntarily".

I like what he says, and the more I hear, the more respect I gain for him.
      raja

Comment

Do you also like Ron Paul's "I take the position that you should never restrict lobbying"?

Comment

How do you restrict it?

I think Paul's argument (did not watch the video) would be something like.. if the government did not bail out and the fed did not support the bastards on wall street, they would not have the money to lobby. Which of the big (evil?) companies would still be around without government support today?

Comment

Originally posted by raja View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXMbenb5Ysw

This is the reason why we must Vote Out ALL Incumbents (with very few exceptions) . . . .
            +1
            (and what 'exceptions' ?)

but what is Absolutely Clear, is that its absolutely HILARY-OUS! (pun intended, but this is certainly not funny)
            i mean, look at whats happnin here: we got the POTUS and his secratary (whooo i bet that _really_ grates on her)
            lecturing the mideast dictators, but in reality it was propaganda to buttress the launching of his 2nd war
            which nobody on the left had much to say about??

while at same time we're getting russian video coverage of police attrocities clamping down on OWS protestors in The US?

is it just me, or are we watching the 2nd conspiracy of the millenium 'flower' right before our eyes?(the 1st being the congressionally sanctioned TBTF bailouts, while the bailed-out pay themselves billions to 'save the banking system' with the farce of dodd-frank being touted as a cure ?)

adding: meanwhile we hear that the ranks of the unemployed are declining? (because they are running out of their unemp benefits, and/or giving up looking or even trying to find a job = NOT because they are getting jobs)

orwell would be proud.
            Last edited by lektrode; December 03, 2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
              How do you restrict it?

I think Paul's argument (did not watch the video) would be something like.. if the government did not bail out and the fed did not support the bastards on wall street, they would not have the money to lobby. Which of the big (evil?) companies would still be around without government support today?
              likely only GS, thanks to ole warrens 5billion in REAL money?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron
                How do you restrict it?
                The same way you restrict anything else deemed negative for society: regulation and enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by c1ue View Post
                  Do you also like Ron Paul's "I take the position that you should never restrict lobbying"?

Yes.

His explanation on the recording made a lot of sense to me.

I also liked the things he said about insurance and freedom to chose one's health provider.
                  raja

Comment

Working...
                  X