• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satyajit Das has a blog

I'm working my way through it

http://www.wilmott.com/blogs/satyaji...ex.cfm/General

Several of the links are to long PDF articles

Originally posted by satyajit das
    Behavioural finance itself is evolving. One recent study showed “conclusively” that stocks with easy to pronounce names performed better after IPOs. There is now a rush to consult behavioural economists together with marketing gurus, brand consultants, feng shui experts etc in naming companies. “Conclusive” by the way in the context of research generally means that the author of the study selected data specially that haven’t to prove the hypothesis conclusively

One entry is side-splittingly funny - it's just after this paragraph, (but be warned, some may not be amused)

Originally posted by satyajit das
    The economist spoke eloquently and movingly of “greater trading efficiency”, “lower transaction costs”, “lower commissions”, “improved price discovery” and “greater pricing transparency”. The audience was almost in tears
    Wilmott seems to have put up a lot more articles than I remember from the last time I was there - you'll need to get out your math books to understand most of them, though.

Re: Satyajit Das has a blog

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    I'm working my way through it

http://www.wilmott.com/blogs/satyaji...ex.cfm/General

Several of the links are to long PDF articles

One entry is side-splittingly funny - it's just after this paragraph, (but be warned, some may not be amused)

Wilmott seems to have put up a lot more articles than I remember from the last time I was there - you'll need to get out your math books to understand most of them, though.
    Spartacus: Many thanks for posting this find! Brilliant.

Comment

Re: Satyajit Das has a blog

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
      Spartacus: Many thanks for posting this find! Brilliant.
      second that. thanks, Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
      X