Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roseanne Barr - The next President of the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roseanne Barr - The next President of the USA?

Before you laugh, listen to what she has to say.

Warning: Network Engineer talking economics!

Re: Roseanne Barr - The next President of the USA?

gosh, it is 12 minutes. How about a synopsis?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
      Seriously? You don't have 12 minutes to consider the words of a Presidential candidate? How do you get through 50 page long (printed) iTulip articles?
      Her views are mostly like Ron Paul's, with a more pragmatic approach (let's arrest heads of Goldman, JP Morgan and End the fed and all wars), with the major difference being she does support a large government.

Comment

Originally posted by Adeptus View Post
        Before you laugh, listen to what she has to say.
        Performers. Is there nothing they don't know?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
          I didn't listen to the video in this thread, but here's some info from a similar video of her, linked at realclearpolitics.com:

Actress, comedienne and now author Roseanne Barr shares her solution for dealing with the rich and how the banks could repay the money the U.S. government bailed them out with in 2008.

"Part of my platform is, of course, the guilty must be punished and that we no longer let our children see their guilty leaders getting away with murder. Because it teaches children, you know, that they don't have to have any morals as long as they have guns and are bullies and I don't think that's a good message," Barr told Russia Today (RT).

"I do say that I am in favor of the return of the guillotine and that is for the worst of the worst of the guilty.

"I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay, you know, the ability to pay back anything over $100 million [of] personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of $100 million. And if they are unable to live on that amount of that amount then they should, you know, go to the reeducation camps and if that doesn't help, then being beheaded," Barr said with a straight face.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...up_wealth.html

Comment

Reeducation camps, sure. Because that always turns out well.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
              Reeducation camps, sure. Because that always turns out well.
              I also enjoyed the irony: First she said "we no longer let our children see their guilty leaders getting away with murder." Then the part about beheading if the reeducation camps don't help.

Ah, the inconsistency of the Left. Gotta love it.

Comment

It is not left versus right, it is idiot versus idiot.
                Thanks for watching this video for me. Nothing good came out of her mouth in the past 30 years, I am not sure why it might magically start now.

Comment

I must admit, I started off watching this video with very low expectations, given I was subconsciously associating her with her on-screen character from the 90's "Roseanne" house wife series. So from that perspective, she sounded brilliant; but once you factor in the bluntness and relative radicallism of her approach and compare it to more politically correct electable individuals; I can see as she may come across as a tad extreme.

On that note, if TSHTF "in 24 months" in the USA as per the other Argentina video floating around, the rise of extreme leaders is what we may end up with; so at least she represents a form of extremism/radicallism that swiftly deals with most of the core issues we attribute to the mess we're in... let's just hope such leaders will not introduce greater new problems at the same time due to their inexperience/ignorance/naiveness.

Comment

at least she's out there pointing to the manifestations of the inverserelationship and balance between truth and justice, and power and privilege. This is theonly way to make democracy work. Of course you can try to keep it consistent like Sharky doesand just focus on the power and privilege part while missing the whole point.

Comment

Working...
                    X