The server is busy at this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The server is busy at this time.

iTulip growth has been phenomenal. When I joined in March of this year, I was somewhere in the middle of the second page on the member's list. Now I'm close to the bottom of the third page. Extrapolating, you've probably increased membership by 50% to 100% in the last six months.

Kudos! It's a great site that offers invaluable information not available elsewhere, so of course membership will skyrocket.

One problem that comes from this growth, though, is that from time to time, like this morning, the servers get busy and won't allow access. I was wondering if there isn't a way to allow paid subscribers preferential access so they can avoid this. It would be a reward for subscribing, and might increase subscriptions.

Just a thought. As always, thanks for the great service.

Re: The server is busy at this time.

Originally posted by Andreuccio View Post
    iTulip growth has been phenomenal. When I joined in March of this year, I was somewhere in the middle of the second page on the member's list. Now I'm close to the bottom of the third page. Extrapolating, you've probably increased membership by 50% to 100% in the last six months.

Kudos! It's a great site that offers invaluable information not available elsewhere, so of course membership will skyrocket.

One problem that comes from this growth, though, is that from time to time, like this morning, the servers get busy and won't allow access. I was wondering if there isn't a way to allow paid subscribers preferential access so they can avoid this. It would be a reward for subscribing, and might increase subscriptions.

Just a thought. As always, thanks for the great service.
    Thanks for reporting this. Usually the "server busy" message isn't really accurately relating what is going on. The real problem is often something other than a burst in traffic, like some random housekeeping process running on the server that consumes the CPU. We had a series of problems like this a few months back that was resolved by the hosting company. If the problem becomes frequent, please let us know. We'll have the hosting company address it. Thanks again.
    Ed.

Comment

It is a bit iffy today also! It has taken me five tries to post this message!

Comment

I had my own share of these messages today also, twice, and then came back. Frustrating.
        It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

Comment

We're on it! Thanks.
          Ed.

Comment

It is a bit iffy today also! It has taken me four tries to post this message!

Comment

Problem should be solved. Let me know if otherwise!
              Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                Thanks as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                  FYI, server busy again at 9:20 am Pacific time.

Comment

FYI, server busy again at 9:20 am Pacific time.
                    Doh! Ok, we'll look into it again. Thanks.
                    Ed.

Comment

Had some trouble connecting for a while this evening. Didn't even get far enough to see "the server is busy at this time", it just timed out. The rest of my innertubes wuz working fine. Thought maybe you guys got hacked by the Plunge Protection Team.:p

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post
                        Doh! Ok, we'll look into it again. Thanks.

Hey Fred. Just wanted to let you know I've been getting this "Server Busy" message a lot the last few days. The most recent bout lasted about an hour and a half and ended about 10 minutes ago. Pretty frustrating: I had spent some time writing a reply to Jim and then lost it all when I hit send.

Comment

Hey Fred. Just wanted to let you know I've been getting this "Server Busy" message a lot the last few days. The most recent bout lasted about an hour and a half and ended about 10 minutes ago. Pretty frustrating: I had spent some time writing a reply to Jim and then lost it all when I hit send.
                          Bummer!!!!
                          Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

This happens seemingly all the time now.

Comment

I've been seeing it almost every day in the last 3 weeks or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X