Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenspan alert on house prices

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31207860-6...0779fd2ac.html

US house prices are likely to fall significantly from their present levels, Alan Greenspan has told the Financial Times, admitting that there was a bubble in the US housing market.

But Mr Greenspan said that his successors at the Fed – who meet on Tuesday to set interest rates – would have to be careful not to ease rates too aggressively, because the risk of an “inflationary resurgence” was greater now than when he was Fed chief.
    Words fail me. First the "wow, Iraq was really about oil, who knew?!" and then this -- is Greenspan's new memoir going to be called DUH? Or is the man just wanting some of that adoration he was receiving in the 90s, while he turned the economy into a hopefully-not-lethal froth of bubbles?

Re: Greenspan alert on house prices

Originally posted by Glacial View Post
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/31207860-6...0779fd2ac.html

Words fail me. First the "wow, Iraq was really about oil, who knew?!" and then this -- is Greenspan's new memoir going to be called DUH? Or is the man just wanting some of that adoration he was receiving in the 90s, while he turned the economy into a hopefully-not-lethal froth of bubbles?
    Good one!

"Duh" by Alan Greenspan:

"There was a housing bubble."

"Housing prices will fall a lot."

"There is inflation."

"I respect Ben Bernanke and believe he is very capable, although privately I believe him to be a goat because he took the job after I jumped ship. That makes me sad, like the Iraq war for oil that I supported."

By the way, do a google search on "greenspan interview" and see what you get.
    Ed.

Comment

Re: Greenspan alert on house prices

Originally posted by Glacial
      Greenspan alert on house prices
      We need more lerts like him...not!

Comment

Working...
      X