Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Riots

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14435251

Gangs of young thugs from Turkey or Kurds...like stabbing each other & shooting each other. Riot began over when a policeman shot dead a "Local" whom had just shot him!

Strangly (as an ex rioter myself) i like to get some Marksmen up the street & "drop" a load of them.................but being a neo-lib nation we just GIVE a shed full of money out.

Mike

Re: London Riots

A whiff of grapeshot would solve the problem.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho

Comment

Kicking off again:-
      http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16045049
      Most where NOT Born here, are placed in expensive houses using MY Tax £......They don't work nor do they intend to.....why not ship them out of London to where there is cheap housing.....like USA?
      Mike

Comment

I was recently in London. There are no enough jobs. A sad thing that immingrants are now everywhere. Globalization stinks.
        Police can do nothing when hunger strikes. An army solution for night patrols?

Comment

Most of them are first/second generation British.

Your taxes don't pay for Londoner's we subsudise most of the UK.

If the government wanted to house them in cheap accommodation they could just ship em up north.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
            Kicking off again:-
            http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16045049
            Most where NOT Born here, are placed in expensive houses using MY Tax £......They don't work nor do they intend to.....why not ship them out of London to where there is cheap housing.....like USA?
            Mike

Are you referring to the Detroit $100 houses?

Without the immigrants, will housing be expensive? A bubble economy is driven by immigrants. Same with London, same with Shanghai, same with Dubai, and same with Singapore.

Detroit is a good example on what happens when you remove the immigrants - there's no bottom as to how low property prices can go.

Comment

Originally posted by touchring View Post
              Are you referring to the Detroit $100 houses?

Without the immigrants, will housing be expensive? A bubble economy is driven by immigrants. Same with London, same with Shanghai, same with Dubai, and same with Singapore.

Detroit is a good example on what happens when you remove the immigrants - there's no bottom as to how low property prices can go.
              This is my area, so I know, those $100 houses are junk piles where it's illegal to live without sinking another $100,000 into making them habitable.
              AND then you must pay $10,000 a year in property taxes.

so it IS litterally true, "there is no bottom as to how low property prices can go"!!

Comment

A friend lent me Michael Caine's recent movie, Harry Brown, so I watched it last night. The decades old Dirty Harry script replayed for the 1,000th (an under estimation) time. What was interesting was re-watching the film with Caine's commentary. He grew up in one of these 'estates'. His take was a bit different than the canned script.

Comment

Working...
                X