• How we feeling about Uranium?

Interesting chart here.

Anyone with an opinion on Uranium?
    Attached Files

Re: How we feeling about Uranium?

Originally posted by oddlots View Post
    Interesting chart here.

Anyone with an opinion on Uranium?
    iTuliper Raz is the expert and has a thread in the Select section, which he maintains.

Perhaps he will comment here?

Comment

Picked up a lot of uranium juniors on Jim Dines' recommendation. Still 80% down.

Picked up some majors on Jim Dines' recommendation. Still 40% down.

I still think uranium is the only option in the short-to-mid term but buying into it again will be more difficult for me.

Comment

EJ has mentioned nuclear as part of his energy proposal. I consider uranium to be nearing Peak, like Oil, NG, Coal...

I suspect EJ is thinking more in the line of new nuclear technology rather than just more nuclear power plants increasing the demand for uranium. It would be interesting if he could expand on his thoughts toward nuclear. Fast Breeders, pebble beds, new reactor construction techniques?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

I still think uranium is the only option in the short-to-mid term...
          Chris, can you expand? I do not understand this.

Comment

A lot of people think that the uranium price is starting to rise as the Chinese are stocking again. The Chinese are big believers in this generation process and have developed pebble reactors which are much safer than other forms. I also believe that the Russians are soon to end the selling of enriched uranium from nuclear weapons-I think it is 2012. There is then the question of thorium reactors if you believe the hype. There was an article by Evans-Prichard on this in the Telegraph newspaper recently. Personally I am sticking to Uranium and have bought Canadian producers such as DML in the last few months.

Comment

Agora's "Outstanding Investment" had a piece on Uranium as well- one of their recommendations is NLR (ETF of Nuclear Energy companies) which I have not taken a position yet.

Yes, they also cited the Chinese factor and recent productivity gains in nuclear power station deployments and operations.

Comment

Thoughts on uranium participation Corp trading in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by lakedaemonian View Post
                  Thoughts on uranium participation Corp trading in Canada?
                  lakedaemonian, I like it for the simple fact that it represents a position in the commodity itself with limited operational/management risk (as opposed to a miner, explorer in Uranium).

I wish the same would exist for Oil, but unfortunately the storage costs would be prohibitive I think.

(PS: Do not own any UPC now, but certainly on my radar - also not a recommendation, just a personal observation).

Comment

Working...
                  X