Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP, its a nightmare!

http://www.infowars.com/oil-disaster...as-we-know-it/

Ok, thats "X-files" stuff..............but am told by a woman who's hubby is on site out there that:-

The oil IS coming out in other places, eg a "Number" of sites from UNDER the seabed.

Lots of "Nasty" stuff IS coming out.

You aint seen nothing yet in terms of oil on the coast line!

They will be very "Lucky" if they get other wells by Sept this year.

The pressure is likely to be too much to handle.

This is likely to end VERY badly!

Mike

Re: BP, its a nightmare!

Mike: Is it too late to give BP back to Iran?

Comment

This means that this is now an uncontainable gusher that is literally spewing oil up from dozens of sites across the gulf floor. The massive oil pocket tapped under immense pressure is now spewing out into the seabed. Capping the well does nothing. The oil pocket is tapped, the pipe is eroded and the oil is now spewing up to the ocean floor with intense pressure. Plumes are being generated everywhere. They cannot stop this.
      Hmmm, BP solved the peak oil problem - now we're going to drown in oil?

I know we're all doomed. But I wish we could agree more on precisely how we are all doomed.

Comment

Bad. It's so bad I might take an extended vacation and beat the northbound traffic....

Comment

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! The end is near! OMG lets all just commit hari kari before it's too late. What utter ******* bull shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Roughneck View Post
            The sky is falling, the sky is falling! The end is near! OMG lets all just commit hari kari before it's too late. What utter ******* bull shit!
            It really is getting hysterical, isn't it.

Let's hope some of the people at BP trying to deal with this mess have read some Kipling...
            "If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; . . . If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same . . . Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it."

Comment

Or it could be the end of the world.......

By RAY HENRY
              updated 39 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - Scientists provided a new estimate for the amount of oil gushing from the ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday that indicates it could be leaking up to 2.52 million gallons of crude a day.
              A government panel of scientists said that the ruptured well is leaking between 1.47 million and 2.52 million gallons of oil daily. The figures move the government's worst-case estimates more in line with what an independent team had previously thought was the maximum size of the spill.
              "This estimate brings together several scientific methodologies and the latest information from the sea floor, and represents a significant step forward in our effort to put a number on the oil that is escaping from BP's well," Energy Secretary Steven Chu said in a statement.

At roughy 44 gallons to a barrel, help me out what's the math?

Comment

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
                At roughy 44 gallons to a barrel, help me out what's the math?
                35-60K bpd

Comment

It is getting hysterical because every estimate and fact put forth by the professionals has be WRONG. It isn't the end of the world but that proposition isn't based on any oil industry know it all's statements I can assure you that. You can't use the sky is falling metaphor while softball size hall is crushing your car. It just isn't credible.

Comment

Originally posted by Roughneck View Post
                    Suicide is wrong.

Comment

It could get worse. Hurricane season is coming up. I've lived through 2 hurricanes on the Gulf Coast. Water and wind is bad enough coming on shore...I'd hate to think about oil in the mix.

Hopefully we'll get lucky this hurricane season and none will hit the Gulf Coast, but that's totally outside of human control.

Comment

From the conversations I have had lately, I believe that we have been desensitized to the whole bp fiasco just like the war and bailouts. Anyone else feel the same?

Comment

Just because we really need a laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcU4t6zRAKg

Comment

Originally posted by oddlots View Post
                            Just because we really need a laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcU4t6zRAKg
                            Thanks!! We all needed that.

I'm currently in the Persian Gulf, heading back to Europe shortly. I don't know what's playing in America, but the clips of President Obama's statements about the blowout and BP that are being aired over here [CNN and CNBC] show him behaving in the least statesmanlike manner that I can recall.

What is important is 1) getting the well capped, and 2) minimizing the amount of new oil that is released into the waters of the Gulf. The lawyers can figure out the restitution and compensation later...that's what laws are for. The more people in BP start to worry about the future of their comany and their jobs the less effective they are going to be dealing with what is important [and I am not talking about the BP executives here].

It strikes me that we tend to forget that President Obama is a still a young man, and simply does not bring to the job the same life experience, and maturity that comes with that, as some of the grizzled veterans that held that esteemed position before him. And it's starting to show...

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
                              ...I don't know what's playing in America, but the clips of President Obama's statements about the blowout and BP that are being aired over here [CNN and CNBC] show him behaving in the least statesmanlike manner that I can recall.

What is important is 1) getting the well capped, and 2) minimizing the amount of new oil that is released into the waters of the Gulf...

...It strikes me that we tend to forget that President Obama is a still a young man, and simply does not bring to the job the same life experience, and maturity that comes with that, as some of the grizzled veterans that held that esteemed position before him. And it's starting to show...
                              Maybe one of the reasons the President is exhibiting such splenetic behaviour is that BP has presented him with the first problem he can't solve, or even fake a solution for, with nice words...

Comment

Working...
                              X