Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Do you like the new iTulip color scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poll: Do you like the new iTulip color scheme?

Ooops.

Name of poster has returned to unbolded, and now the status is bolded.

I guess they are still working on it . . . .
    raja
    Boycott Big Banks • Vote Out Incumbents

Comment

Originally posted by raja View Post
      I guess they are still working on it . . . .
      As we speak apparently. When I refreshed this page (previously loaded a few hours ago) the font jumped up in size a point or two. BIG FAT FONT .
      Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
        Hmm... something isn't making sense to me here.

I suspect you're right, but on the other hand, if one does a Google search for vbulletin 4 skins, one finds a variety of sources for vBulletin skins with various looks (color, font, icons, ...) The off-the-shelf ones are free or perhaps $20 to $40 -- cheap. Style sheets (CSS) and template support are supposed to be major features of vBulletin 4, and this sort of flexibility should be a benefit from such technology.
        That is correct -- if -- you want an existing skin. iTulip has never looked like any existing skins I have seen...

Comment

Originally posted by doom&gloom View Post
          iTulip has never looked like any existing skins I have seen...
          Yeah - you've got a good point there.

Comment

i'd like the name of the post author to be larger, especially on the "what's new?" results page. the name of the thread originator and of the most recent post author should be easier to scan. otherwise, no problems so far.

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post

Appreciate your feedbacks.

1. You can change your posting font color by click color menu of "editor tool bar" above.

2. New iTulip forum style/color theme -
              We are still working (hard) on customizing our new forum and its' appearance. It's not a "finished" product as yet. Please bare with us...

3. "Ask iTulip" - it's not a Select Premium forum but public Feature forum.
              Pleaes PM me if you're having problem posting in Ask iTulip forum?

Thanks,
              The changes that FRED described elsewhere, including the simplified method of posting video, etc., should be excellent improvements to the site so I am looking forward to that.

My only complaint is the lack of colour contrast [primarily the white background], but we shall "bare" with FRED and the iTulip team as I have every confidence they will get it all sorted... [...but I do hope they don't hire Mega on a consulting contract to help out with the spell checker...]

Comment

The latter- my goof. I'm not the only one getting postage sized graphics. Did you get to size yours?

Comment

Originally posted by don View Post
                  The latter- my goof. I'm not the only one getting postage sized graphics. Did you get to size yours?
                  It seems Rajiv has figured this out. See What Post-2008 World Can Learn From Japan (Post #4) for the explanation.

Comment

I haven't been able to spend much time on the forums due to EYE STRAIN.
                    And, IMHO, the smilies are terrible!

Give me a week or so; if I find anything I like about the *New* (Improved :eek iTulip - I'll let you know.

Comment

And, IMHO, the smilies are terrible!
                      +1 (Is that a smilie or a frownie you used -- I can't tell ;)).

Comment

Originally posted by c1ue View Post
                        Do you like the new iTulip color scheme?
                        http://poll.learnmyself.com/results43428xc1D349E4" method="post" target="_blank" style="padding:0px;margin-top:10px">
                        Yes
                        No
                        http://imgs.learnmyself.com/p43428xc...f);"></span><a id="qp_a43428" style="float:right;font-family:Arial;font-size:10px;color:white;text-decoration:none;margin-top:-2px;margin-right:-5px" href="http://www.zuuga.com" target="_blank">myspace layouts

I can barely read the pale green text against a white, much less a dark background.

The other changes seem fine - though it is odd that Ask iTulip is Select Premium members only for posting...
                        As of right this moment, the new White Background, light/dark teal messages, and olive headers are te BEST!

Comment

Working...
                        X