Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GATA Whistleblower Andrew Maguire Injured in Hit and Run Car Accident

Originally posted by skyson View Post
    Ha, before we engage in more conspiracy stuff, here is the relevant background:

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot...s-forward.html
    You quote that article as if it provides evidence that there is not a conspiracy here, but the way I read the article, it says there is a conspiracy so deep it will likely not see the light of day in Jesse's lifetime.

I'm confused.

P.S. I posted this at 8:12 PM Central time, after the skyson post to which I replied. I have no clue why the post is marked with a time of 3:10 PM (five hours before I posted) and displayed before that skyson post.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; March 27, 2010, 08:14 PM.
    Most folks are good; a few aren't.

GATA Whistleblower Andrew Maguire Injured in Hit and Run Car Accident

Le Metropole Members,

On March 25th at the CFTC Public Hearing on Precious
    Metals GATA made a dramatic revelation of a whistleblower source, Andrew Maguire, who has first hand evidence of
    gold and silver market manipulation by JPMorganChase and
    who has even tipped off the CFTC in advance of manipulative attacks on gold and silver. Just as in the Madoff case the regulator has done nothing to stop such manipulation.

On March 26th while out shopping with his wife, Mr.
    Maguire's car was hit by a car careening out of a side
    road. The driver of the vehicle then tried to escape.
    When a pedestrian eye-witness attempted to block the
    driver's escape he accelerated at him and would have hit
    him had the pedestrian not jumped out of the way. The
    car then hit two other cars in escaping. The driver was apprehended by the police after police helicopters were
    called in and following a high speed chase.

Andrew and his wife were hospitalized with minor injuries.
    They were discharged from hospital today and should make
    a full recovery.
    Cheers
    Adrian

Midas note: You have to be kidding me ... Another
    Coincidence!

Comment

Re: GATA Whistleblower Andrew Maguire Injured in Hit and Run Car Accident

Do we have another Harry Markopolos here, describing in detail the manipulation of the silver markets by J.P. Morgan to the CFTC? How does this square with the testimony today from the CFTC Commissioners, who seem to indicate that the markets are functioning extremely well, and that investor can have full confidence in them?

I am led to understand that Mr. McGuire had offered to testify before the CFTC today, and that he was refused admittance. I do not know him, or the position he is in within the trading community. I cannot therefore assess his credibility or the validity of any evidence which he may present or possess. But I have the feeling that nothing will come of this.

Remember, there was no action on the Madoff scandal until AFTER his fraud collapsed, and the government was forced to acknowledge Markopolos' existence. He had been ignored and dismissed by the bureaucrats at the SEC for years because of Madoff's power and standing with the trading establishment. And of course by those who had an interest in hiding Madoff's scheme, if nothing else, to promote 'confidence' in the markets.

What seems particularly twisted about this is that JPM is the custodian of the largest silver ETF (SLV). Is anyone auditing that ETF, and watching any conflicts of interest and self-trading? Multiple counterparty claims on the same bullion?

If you ever wanted to see a good reason for the Volcker rule, this is it. These jokers are one of the US' largest banks, with trillions of dollars in unaudited derivatives exposure, and they seem to be engaging in trading practices like Enron did before it collapsed.

Have they lost their minds, or are they just that reckless, immature, short term, and arrogant? Morgan practically holds the keys to the US Treasury, a recent recipient of billions in taxpayer support, and still receiving signficant subsidies from the Fed. They seem to be in dire need of adult supervision. Blatantly and clumsily rigging the silver market, and then bragging about it to people outside their company. What's next, bumping off grannies for their Social Security checks? Three card monte games on the boardwalk?

I was trying to understand why this item struck me so hard this evening. It shocked me in a way that few things do anymore. I think it is because I had unconsciously come to the same conclusion earlier, on my own, in the post where I showed the repeated and obvious bear raids on gold into this option expiration, and it struck a resonant chord when I read McGuire's description of the silver manipulation. I refused to believe it, but apparently there it is. The "Dr. Evil" trading strategy that Citigroup was caught using in the Eurobond markets.

I do not expect the detailed facts on this to ever reach the light of day in my lifetime. The implications are far too political.

Comment

What? All that I'm saying is that he was the whistleblower for GATA and that he was the unfortunate victim of a hit and run car accident exactly one day after the story went public. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by jtabeb View Post
          When a pedestrian eye-witness attempted to block the driver's escape he accelerated at him and would have hit him had the pedestrian not jumped out of the way.
          Must have been a stuck accelerator pedal . Sue Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
            Must have been a stuck accelerator pedal . Sue Toyota!
            That was my thought exactly. I'll bet it was a Prius.

That's it, no more gold and silver for me, ONLY GM CARS!

Comment

What? All that I'm saying is that he was the whistleblower for GATA and that he was the unfortunate victim of a hit and run car accident exactly one day after the story went public. That's all.
              You quote that article as if it provides evidence that there is not a conspiracy here, but the way I read the article, it says there is a conspiracy so deep it will likely not see the light of day in Jesse's lifetime.

I'm confused.
              Nah, I was just kind of joking after answering several conspiracy questions in the Rant and Rave section.

Just wanted to give the link, that was all.

Comment

Are you being a tad disingenuous there, jtabeb, or am I missing something?

Here you describe the accident as "unfortunate" and deny suggesting any "conspiracy stuff", yet you ended your previous post with disdainful scorn for the possibility that this was not an intended hit and run victim:
                You have to be kidding me ... Another
                Coincidence!

Comment

Are you being a tad disingenuous there, jtabeb, or am I missing something?

Here you describe the accident as "unfortunate" and deny suggesting any "conspiracy stuff", yet you ended your previous post with disdainful scorn for the possibility that this was not an intended hit and run victim:
                  More that a tad, Cow. More than a tad.

But, that was NOT my commentary. That is a verbatim quote from the email from I got from LePatron@lemetropolecafe.com

See:

LePatron@lemetropolecafe.com

to me
                  show details 4:41 PM (3 hours ago)

Le Metropole Members,

On March 25th at the CFTC Public Hearing on Precious
                  Metals GATA made a dramatic revelation of a whistleblower source, Andrew Maguire, who has first hand evidence of
                  gold and silver market manipulation by JPMorganChase and
                  who has even tipped off the CFTC in advance of manipulative attacks on gold and silver. Just as in the Madoff case the regulator has done nothing to stop such manipulation.

On March 26th while out shopping with his wife, Mr.
                  Maguire's car was hit by a car careening out of a side
                  road. The driver of the vehicle then tried to escape.
                  When a pedestrian eye-witness attempted to block the
                  driver's escape he accelerated at him and would have hit
                  him had the pedestrian not jumped out of the way. The
                  car then hit two other cars in escaping. The driver was apprehended by the police after police helicopters were
                  called in and following a high speed chase.

Andrew and his wife were hospitalized with minor injuries.
                  They were discharged from hospital today and should make
                  a full recovery.
                  Cheers
                  Adrian

Midas note: You have to be kidding me ... Another
                  Coincidence!

Member's auto-logon:
                  http://www.LeMetropoleCafe.com/entrance.cfm"> Le Metropole Cafe
                  www.lemetropolecafe.com/entrance.cfm

All the best,

Bill Murphy
                  Le Patron
                  www.LeMetropoleCafe.com

http://www.LeMetropoleCafe.com/joinrenew.cfm">HOW TO JOIN OR RENEW

www.lemetropolecafe.com/joinrenew.cfm

To Un-subscribe:

http://www.LeMetropoleCafe.com/unsubscribe.html">UN-SUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING
                  www.LeMetropolecafe.com/unsubscribe.html

Last edited by jtabeb; March 27, 2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Nah, I was just kind of joking after answering several conspiracy questions in the Rant and Rave section.

Just wanted to give the link, that was all.
                    That's cool. Here is a better one though I think.

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2010/03/whistleblower.html

The Whistleblower

Last night, after returning from the CFTC, GATA released these explosive emails detailing the ongoing manipulation in the silver (and gold) market, by JPMorgan Chase.

To me, this feels like finally seeing the Grand Canyon, after years of only hearing about it. You hear about how big it is, and you truly believe it is big. But until you actually see it, until you lay your eyes on the detail of the landscape and on the sheer depth and size of the canyon, you never really know.

Comment

More that a tad, Cow. More than a tad.

But, that was NOT my commentary. That is a verbatim quote from the email from I got from LePatron@lemetropolecafe.com
                      Ah - I get it. The quoting wasn't clear to me before.

Comment

jtabeb, you are on the Gold Trail too? ;);)
                        Last edited by skyson; March 27, 2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

That's cool. Here is a better one though I think.

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2010/03/whistleblower.html
                          Interesting. This nicely explains a trading pattern that I have found more profitable. I seldom use stop losses, because they so often get taken out on sharp downward spikes, even as the trend continues in the direction I'm playing.

But I do use limit buys and sells. If I want to buy something, but am in no particular hurry, I'll place a ladder of limit orders below the current price range, which will often trigger on some sharp downward spike, giving me a nice entry. Similarly, when I'm looking to move out of something, I'll put in limit sell orders above the current price range, enabling me to get a nice exit price.

This technique seems to work well with a market being goosed and smashed by a large manipulator.

Comment

Not too many fortune 500 news entities are covering this story, but Murdoch's NY Post is:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...FoQG5KdevIsQ7N

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan..._b_519893.html

Comment

Working...
                              X