Message to TV Pundits - on use of the word "retard"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to TV Pundits - on use of the word "retard"

Lots of talk on TV of people calling Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, ... RETARDS.

They must be reading my blog posts. LOL.

The media and politicians are attacking these people because they think "retard" is used in some derogatory, name calling way. That is incorrect.

A "retard" is a human that has some sort of learning problem, difficultly with basic reason and logic, unable to connect the dots, lack of nuance -only able to see black or white, and is often incapable of seeing their own ignorance.

By comparison, Dick Cheney is NOT a retard. Dick Cheney knew exactly what he was doing when he privatized American security and knew exactly who would benefit financially - himself. He may be evil, but not retarded.

The intended use of "retard" is not for name calling but is the most accurate word to describe someone that is unknowingly ignorant.

Perhaps "moron" and "feeble-minded" are equally appropriate.

So it is not that I would call Sarah Palin a retard but that I believe Sarah Palin IS retarded.

And given that she wants to get into federal politics, it is more then approriate to point that out.

Re: Message to TV Pundits - on use of the word "retard"

Originally posted by MulaMan View Post
    A "retard" is a human that has some sort of learning problem, difficultly with basic reason and logic, unable to connect the dots, lack of nuance -only able to see black or white, and is often incapable of seeing their own ignorance.

Why was this posted in "News"? Not News! Not even good enough to be a "Rant." We need a section called "retard" for posts like this.

Comment

Working...
    X