X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry Spence on the Supreme Court decision

We, the new slaves
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 12:13 AM PST

We are the new slaves, enslaved by the Corporate King. The king disguises itself as our democratic government. But it lies to us and betrays us. The king owns our minds.

We are the new slaves, enslaved by the king’s propaganda and lies. We are told we are free. But money controls all, and the people have little. The money I speak of buys elections and lying politicians who are the minions of the Corporate King. The Supreme Court, itself owned by the Corporate King, has just delivered our country over to the power of money with the court’s latest decision in which it proclaims that the king may spend whatever the king wishes to further enslave the people, by feeding the people lies, feeding their prejudices, feeding their fear, feeding their hatreds and suspicions and claiming it is all for their benefit and their freedom.

We are the new slaves, enslaved by the king’s voice, the television that educates us and our children, that corrupts our values with violence, that dumbs us down so we can no longer think for ourselves. We turn to the tube to think for us. It tells us what gadgets, what things to buy and how to become further enslaved to pay for them. We once enslaved the aborigines in this country by trading them trinkets and mirrors in exchange for their land. It is an old trick that those in power play on the powerless. We are the powerless.

We are the new slaves. We are enslaved by banks and their demand for interest. The banks own our homes. We pay the banks rent in the form of interest, and we keep up their property at our expense. The banks are the soul of the Corporate King. But king is governed by no moral code. The king is governed only by its greed.

We are the new slaves. We pay tribute to the Corporate King from the sweat of our bodies to finance the king’s wars, wars not for our benefit, but for the king’s further enrichment and power. Our people die in such wars. Our people die without adequate health care. Millions of our children go to bed at night hungry and uneducated. The king does not care. It cares only for its wars and its profit.

The king sits back and laughs. To control the minds of hundreds of millions of people is divine. But such power is in the hands of fools who are the collective mind of the Corporate King. That mind is terminally diseased with greed. And the people are in jeopardy, for the king will continue to betray the people and lie to the people until it has sucked out the last of our lives. The Corporate King is insane.

What shall a desperate people do? We will do nothing until we learn the truth of our slavery. Will it then be too late except to scream in the streets?

But the king is deaf.

http://gerryspence.wordpress.com/201...he-new-slaves/

Re: Gerry Spence on the Supreme Court decision

Originally posted by Charles Mackay View Post
    to further enslave the people, by feeding the people lies, feeding their prejudices, feeding their fear, feeding their hatreds and suspicions and claiming it is all for their benefit and their freedom.

I like this bit the best. Every day I get those spam emails (you know the ones I mean -photos of flags and soldiers and large font making outrageous claims) from otherwise sane people (formerly sane people?). People I know pretty well. Looks like this plan is succeeding.

Comment

The recent Supreme court ruling deeply disturbs me.

On six occasions so far in my military career I have taken an oath to defend the US Constitution: "I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.) Note that Officers of the military do not swear "to obey the President of the United States and the officers appointed above me". Only the Enlisted swear to that version. Officers are sworn to defend the Constitution, period.

The Founders foresaw the potential subversion of the Constitution by powerful officials, which could include even the President and members of the Congress and the Supreme Court. Sworn Officers are the last safeguard of the Constitution. The Constitution of the United States remains the premier document and statement establishing the rights of human beings to live in freedom.

Some time this spring, I'll be taking the Oath for the seventh time (this time the Navy version).

This Oath is not time-limited. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and now, Barack Obama, have sworn to the same Oath. All living members and past members of the US Congress and the US Supreme Court have all taken the same oath. Everyone who has served as a Constitutional Officer is still bound by this Oath, so long as they live. I see the recent ruling by the Supreme Court to be antithetical to our Constitution of the United States and our Democracy. I am bound to defend the Constitution and I will.

There is nothing in the Constitution establishing Rights for Corporations, including the right to live on in perpetuity. I have been in the military in various capacities since 1978. I am not a 'nutcase'. I am very concerned that Corporations have usurped our Constitutional rights with the complicity of the majority of the members of the Supreme Court, while the President and some members of Congress wring their hands and make inadequate and futile objections. At the very least, the Congress should raise the question of impeachment of the Supreme Court. It is the right and the duty of all members of Congress to impeach the current Supreme Court for granting Constitutional rights to non-living, non-human Corporations. This I truly believe.

Comment

Originally posted by reallife View Post
        On six occasions so far in my military career I have taken an oath to defend the US Constitution:.....Officers are sworn to defend the Constitution, period.

The Founders foresaw the potential subversion of the Constitution by powerful officials, which could include even the President and members of the Congress and the Supreme Court. Sworn Officers are the last safeguard of the Constitution. The Constitution of the United States remains the premier document and statement establishing the rights of human beings to live in freedom.

Some time this spring, I'll be taking the Oath for the seventh time (this time the Navy version). ....I am bound to defend the Constitution and I will.

There is nothing in the Constitution establishing Rights for Corporations, including the right to live on in perpetuity....

Thank you for your service. It is a comfort to be reminded that we have rational, thoughtful officers in the military.

Comment

"In the foreground the peasant village Gramatneusiedl, in the middle the road to Marienthal, in the background the Marienthal textile factory. Graphic by Josef Popper"

"In the foreground is the peasant village of Riverside, CA, out of the photo to the right is a large shoping mall for the peasants to obtain supplies from The King, and down the road to the left towards the next village is a Church for the peasants to pray for a better life and to thank The King for the granite counter tops recently provided."

Comment

Just watch the Terminator movies and replace the machine metaphor with the Corporate metaphor. It is pretty much the same story.

From the movie ...

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero on him."

Comment

Originally posted by MulaMan View Post
              "In the foreground the peasant village Gramatneusiedl, in the middle the road to Marienthal, in the background the Marienthal textile factory. Graphic by Josef Popper"

"In the foreground is the peasant village of Riverside, CA, out of the photo to the right is a large shoping mall for the peasants to obtain supplies from The King, and down the road to the left towards the next village is a Church for the peasants to pray for a better life and to thank The King for the granite counter tops recently provided."

You crack me up!

I love that shot of Riverside. That is the nirvana the pro growth types envision for us all. Rats in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by flintlock View Post
                You crack me up!

I love that shot of Riverside. That is the nirvana the pro growth types envision for us all. Rats in a cage.

But always MORE rats in MORE cages - duh, that 's how you can tell we're getting ahead. That's progress. Plus, there's good money for one fella selling rat cages.

Comment

"Subdivisions" by Rush

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
                  In geometric order
                  An insulated border
                  In between the bright lights
                  And the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
                  Opinions all provided
                  The future pre-decided
                  Detached and subdivided
                  In the mass production zone
                  Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone

[Chorus:]
                  (Subdivisions)
                  In the high school halls
                  In the shopping malls
                  Conform or be cast out
                  (Subdivisions)
                  In the basement bars
                  In the backs of cars
                  Be cool or be cast out
                  Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth
                  But the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths we drift into the city
                  The timeless old attraction
                  Cruising for the action
                  Lit up like a firefly
                  Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
                  Or lose the race to rats
                  Get caught in ticking traps
                  And start to dream of somewhere
                  To relax their restless flight
                  Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights...

Comment

Reminds me of the Pete Seeger song "Little Boxes"

Comment

Working...
                    X