• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacramento housing crash

Ed.

Re: Sacramento housing crash

yay

Someone in the mainstream media has a clue.

Where is my stadium of New Yorkers to give these people a Bronx cheer.

Comment

Don't let refusal to pay be confused with inability to pay, both lead to foreclosure. That contractor in Sacramento built some pretty shitty houses, I certainly wouldn't pay money to own one.
      "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
      - Charles Mackay

Comment

Hey Tet, are you a sports fan? I can just imagine you giving a bronx cheer on this one too with me.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonD View Post
          Hey Tet, are you a sports fan? I can just imagine you giving a bronx cheer on this one too with me.
          Hard to find good building material and even harder to find properly trained personnel during a housing boom. Lot's of cracks in the foundations just now starting to show up, bad plumbing, roof leaks, heat and air conditioning problems just now starting to show up. This is the larger problem, certainly not someone's abilities to pay.

http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/?p=1803
          Shoddy Construction And The Housing Bubble

Lawsuits are going to fly and the builders will declare bankruptcy leaving the buyer holding the bag.
          "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
          - Charles Mackay

Comment

c'mon Tet, let's cheer obnoxiously loud and sarcastically together only 2 years after the fact.

http://www.answers.com/topic/bronx-cheer

"The term "Bronx Cheer" can also be used to indicate a sarcastic cheer, generally done during baseball games whenever an out is made after a pitcher (or pitchers) for the home team gives up many runs before finally recording an out. It has also been used in hockey games when a goaltender makes a relatively easy save after allowing numerous goals or giving up a "soft" goal."

Comment

Working...
            X