One for the little guy...eh girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the little guy...eh girl

It's the feel good story of the day. I know I could never have fought against the odds she did.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...965101664.html

Nurse Outduels IRS Over M.B.A. Tuition

How One Woman Went to Tax Court and Won Deduction

By LAURA SAUNDERS

A Maryland nurse accomplished two rare feats in her battle with the Internal Revenue Service: She defended herself against the agency's lawyers and won, and she got a ruling that could help tens of thousands of students deduct the cost of an M.B.A. degree on their taxes.
    The U.S. Tax Court handed Lori Singleton-Clarke her victory last month, saying the 47-year-old Bryantown, Md., woman had properly deducted nearly $15,000 in business school tuition. The Tax Court ruling should make it easier for many other professionals to deduct the expense of a Master in Business Administration degree.
    More

View Full Image

Melissa Golden for The Wall Street Journal Lori Singleton-Clarke, at her Maryland home, says she 'still can hardly believe' her Tax Court victory.

After getting word of the court decision, "I nearly yelled the roof off the house," Ms. Singleton-Clarke says. "I still can hardly believe it."

Re: One for the little guy...eh girl

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
    It's the feel good story of the day. I know I could never have fought against the odds she did.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...965101664.html

Nurse Outduels IRS Over M.B.A. Tuition

How One Woman Went to Tax Court and Won Deduction

By LAURA SAUNDERS

A Maryland nurse accomplished two rare feats in her battle with the Internal Revenue Service: She defended herself against the agency's lawyers and won, and she got a ruling that could help tens of thousands of students deduct the cost of an M.B.A. degree on their taxes.
    The U.S. Tax Court handed Lori Singleton-Clarke her victory last month, saying the 47-year-old Bryantown, Md., woman had properly deducted nearly $15,000 in business school tuition. The Tax Court ruling should make it easier for many other professionals to deduct the expense of a Master in Business Administration degree.
    More
    View Full Image

Melissa Golden for The Wall Street Journal Lori Singleton-Clarke, at her Maryland home, says she 'still can hardly believe' her Tax Court victory.

After getting word of the court decision, "I nearly yelled the roof off the house," Ms. Singleton-Clarke says. "I still can hardly believe it."

Foolish woman. Doesn't she know that she would have learned a whole lot more if she had started a sandwich stand in front of the courthouse, instead of wasting US taxpayer money, and her time, on an MBA...:rolleyes:
    Originally posted by MulaMan View Post
    It no longer makes sense to go to collage unless you are an athletic.

Kids should borrow the $100,000 it costs and start a business, even if it is running a Subway franchise.

Then after 4-5 years they will know much more about business then 99% of MBA students.

Comment

Working...
    X