Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real Life 2010: One

Originally posted by metalman View Post
    yep. what if ej's right about the job market takes > 10 yrs to recover?

from Asylum Markets of the post FIRE Economy – Part II: Breaking the Rules - Eric Janszen

what's the youth unemployment rate in the usa now? 20% vs 10% in 2006?

11 mil still unemployed in 2013? that's plenty of time to grow the criminal/underground economy... pull in youth to a life of crime.

if we keep the expansion & refinement of the criminal class going for a decade & what will we get? prostitution. drugs. gangs... but smart & capable, embedded in the culture & institutions like in russia.

that's my worry.
    I was wondering, did anyone else notice that the rate of decline in unemployment after each recession is lower, leading to structurally higher unemployed base for the beginning the next boom/bust cycle? Another question is can a fiat fractional reserve banking system with ~20% debt service survive with structurally higher unemployment each boom/bust cycle and at what point would the defaulting on existing debt and lower incomes make it impossible to service a significant portion of the outstanding debt and start either a collapse of the economy or the currency, through sheer mathematics. Obviously, the private sector would fail first since it can't create bright shiny new greenback out of thin air for itself.
    We are all little cockroaches running around guessing when the FED will turn OFF the Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
      when eluding cops, tis wicked good idea to steal a low profile getaway car soas to not attract attention...

I think something like the car designed in this youtube would be more effective.

Maybe Mike can get to work on one?

Comment

holy shit... the guy got away! they're still looking for him.

http://www.wbz.com/pages/6038467.php?

& he's not the only one...

http://www.massmostwanted.org/index.cfm?ac=cases

Comment

Working...
        X