Help with oil thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with oil thread.

Sorry to put this in "news", but does anyone remember a older thread that was commented on this weekend titled something like "where does oil come from?" I think I remember FRED made a comment to someone else's, but searching "FRED" or even "oil" in the thread title returns nothing. Something seems screwy in that regard.

Thanks if you know the answer.
    Last edited by Jim Nickerson; January 03, 2010, 10:55 PM. Reason: thread now useless.
    Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Re: Help with oil thread.

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson View Post
    Sorry to put this in "news", but does anyone remember a older thread that was commented on this weekend titled something like "where does oil come from?" I think I remember FRED made a comment to someone else's, but searching "FRED" or even "oil" in the thread title returns nothing. Something seems screwy in that regard.

Thanks if you know the answer.
    http://itulip.com/forums/showthread....ghlight=diatom

Comment

Re: Help with oil thread.

Thank you, Spartacus, that was quick and easy enough. Glad I asked.
      Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Re: Help with oil thread. Answered, do not click on this.

Jim wrote:
        searching ... "oil" in the thread title returns nothing
        I remain convinced that the iTulip search engine ignores all words of three or few letters.
        Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
          Jim wrote:

I remain convinced that the iTulip search engine ignores all words of three or few letters.
          If the back end is MySql, perhaps the board Admins might consider this:

How to enable 3-letter-words in Vbulletin w/ MySQL fulltext search

Comment

Originally posted by swgprop View Post
            If the back end is MySql, perhaps the board Admins might consider this:

How to enable 3-letter-words in Vbulletin w/ MySQL fulltext search
            This would depend on whether or not iTulip's web host, apparently (gs) Grid-Service, was willing to make this change to their MySQL SmartPool backend. If I were them, I would likely be reluctant to do that, for concern it would increase the load on my backend. High performance full text search engines that can efficiently handle even very short text don't use SQL.
            Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Working...
            X