Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Reforms: Taking on the Banks-16 Dec 09

People and Power-Financial Reforms: Taking on the Banks-16 Dec 09

While Barak Obama tries to reform the financial system, victims of the crash try to bring US banks to justice.
    24 minutes

Re: Financial Reforms: Taking on the Banks-16 Dec 09

Originally posted by Rajiv View Post
    Consumer Protection Agency to protect consumers from this happening again, they will need another agency to prevent regulatory capture :rolleyes:. Jail time for the key players in the fraud would seem like a much better deterrent to me, hold CEOs, directors etc.. to same accountability as the plebs and I think that would be a good start - I find it incredible to think that the above sentiment is idealistic in the extreme.:eek:
    Last edited by Diarmuid; December 19, 2009, 11:51 PM.
    "that each simple substance has relations which express all the others"

Comment

Originally posted by Rajiv View Post
      I did a lot of shopping yesterday.

At every place I went, I struck up a conversation with cashiers and clerks by asking:
      "What do you think of all these Bankers making billions while average people are losing their jobs and their homes?"
      People were very receptive. They knew what was going on, and didn't like it. I continued:
      "The politicians make the rules that allow the Banks to get away with this.
      Don't let them fool you -- this isn't an issue of Republican or Democrat.
      We need to vote out ALL incumbents from each party
      ."
      Most people understand that the Financial Elite are getting richer, while everyone else is getting poorer. What they don't understand is how to fight back.

IMO, voting out the incumbents en masse is the simplest and most effective way to take back government and make it serve the interests of The People. (If you have a better idea, please let me know.)

I had fun talking to people about this. If you haven't done so already, try it . . . .
      raja
      Boycott Big Banks • Vote Out Incumbents

Comment

The challenge to the incumbents has to be launched at the primary stage -- in both parties. Other than that , we have to take a leaf out of the strategy adopted by the religious right to get control of the Republican Party

See 1991-1993: Religious Right Takes "Working Control" of the Republican Party -- Precinct by Precinct, State by State

Journalists attended Christian Coalition and Republican Party events in the early nineties documenting the tactics of the newly formed organization. Reports appeared in newspapers around the country detailing the take over of local Republican Party committees, and efforts by moderate Republicans to form competing entities. Following are some of those articles.

Comment

Working...
        X