Stephen Colbert on Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Colbert on Gold

I posted this in a thread that someone mentioned the Daily show going on about gold. Well, Stephen Colbert did his own one. Pretty damn funny!

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...-women---sheep

Re: Stephen Colbert on Gold

Originally posted by phinolerun View Post
    I posted this in a thread that someone mentioned the Daily show going on about gold. Well, Stephen Colbert did his own one. Pretty damn funny!

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...-women---sheep
    ROTFL!

Well, I'm married, but maybe I should look into getting some sheep! Or, since this is a contrarian site -- alpacas!

Comment

great. thanks for posting it.

Comment

I heard a story on NPR last week about gold. Then I saw Colbert, and I believe Stewart did something last week on gold. This was making me nervous to see stories about gold getting almost to the MSM. I think this correction may be very good for gold. Maybe j6P was just starting to get interested in gold and just took a burn. It might be awhile for j6P to test the gold waters again, which should give gold a nice opportunity to move at a reasonable pace to higher levels.
        $.02

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_toast View Post
          I heard a story on NPR last week about gold. Then I saw Colbert, and I believe Stewart did something last week on gold. This was making me nervous to see stories about gold getting almost to the MSM. I think this correction may be very good for gold. Maybe j6P was just starting to get interested in gold and just took a burn. It might be awhile for j6P to test the gold waters again, which should give gold a nice opportunity to move at a reasonable pace to higher levels.
          $.02
          I agree with you 100%. I definitely did not like seeing two gold "stories" on comedy central this week. But I believe we will see more of this and it is going to happen in greater frequency. Pointing back to that chart EJ and Fred made about the adoption cycle for gold, the later stages of it move quickly and is no longer gradual as it has been up to this point. His 2012 - 2013 exit from gold call could be starting to make sense; just gotta sit back and watch it all play out.

Comment

Why not like it? I didn't at first either, but that was an emotional reaction. The pieces were funny! Who cares if they bash gold?

At some point in the last few weeks, Stewart and Colbert got together and decided that they had to rip Glenn Beck and company for both starring in commercials about gold that air on the network that they work for and (in the minds of Stewart and Colbert) sensationalizing the idea that Obama and the rest of the Dems are destroying the country and the dollar.

There is a huge segment of Americans, probably people that in general vote for Democrats, that already thought gold was just for nuts because of it's constant apperance on late night television infomercials featuring G. Gordon Liddy. If Stewart and Colbert have any sway, their coverage is only going to add to this and keep some people out of gold. Even if only a little, it means more will be available for the rest of us.

Comment

Re: Stephen Colbert on Gold - Nothing to do with Gold

I believe this has nothing to do with Gold. Where were Stewart and Colbert when Oil was over $100 and their lack of commentary on the Real Estate Bubble - until it became obvious.

Stewart /Colbert are trying to fill replace their COMEDY MATERIAL ABOUT BUSH BUBBLE that POPPED in early 2009. The former President was a boon for John Stewart and Colbert.

Every entertained needs a good villain to make fun - the straight man.. Glenn Beck has the President and his henchmen. Whats the Stewart/Colbert Team do try to follow Glenn Becks lead ;-).

The Stewart/Colbert Audience is aging and their rating have dipped. They need to keep their core audience and pick up more-younger viewers. They can't do this by attacking the President unless they want to offend their core demographic of Democratic voting 30-42 yr olds - (just my educated guess - and I'm often wrong).

Glenn Beck - O'Riellly - any Conservative Talk show host is a great target for Stewart/Colbert - Gold is just being used to linked together the Crazy Conservative Guys and Gals in the hopes of good ratings for their Show.

I'll admit that I am not a Stewart/Colbert fan - I must be too old.

Comment

Working...
              X