Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay Goldbugs, fess up -- how much you got?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay Goldbugs, fess up -- how much you got?!

How many ounces do you own?
    1 to 5 ounces
    14.49%
    6 to 10 ounces
    4.35%
    11 to 15 ounces
    10.14%
    16 to 25 ounces
    7.25%
    26 to 40 ounces
    2.90%
    41 to 60 ounces
    14.49%
    61 to 80 ounces
    1.45%
    81 to 100 ounces
    8.70%
    101 to 125 ounces
    5.80%
    126 to 150 ounces
    2.90%
    151 to 200 ounces
    5.80%
    201 to 250 ounces
    7.25%
    251 to 300 ounces
    4.35%
    301 to 350 ounces
    0.00%
    351 to 400 ounces
    0.00%
    401 to 500 ounces
    2.90%
    501 to 750 ounces
    1.45%
    751 to 1000 ounces
    2.90%
    More than 1000 ounces
    2.90%
    More gold than Fort Knox and God put together!
    0.00%

Re: Okay Goldbugs, fess up -- how much you got?!

I assume we are talking physical right? No equivalents. Or is GTU or bullionvault allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      I assume we are talking physical right? No equivalents. Or is GTU or bullionvault allowed?
      bullionvault is physical in my book.
      It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Comment

That's classified.

#1 raw scrap copper however - (remember that worlds largest ball of yarn in the movie "michael" with john travolta?), please send me a bulk buyer when the sell trigger goes off. thanks.

Comment

65% of my net worth.

Comment

Do you mean physical or are you also including GTU and CEF etc.? Total is 40% of my net worth (excluding real estate).

Comment

Nice try IRS ;)
              Every interest bearing loan is mathematically impossible to pay back.

Comment

Originally posted by ricket View Post
                Nice try IRS ;)
                ROFLMAO! Sorry, I am NOT the IRS. And I want to become the
                best friend of the guy withthe 500-750 range. Can I get in your will?

Comment

The results pareto should resemble a normal distribution.

I think we need some more data.

Comment

I have, as for today, 30% of my cash invested in gold, bought at an average price of 1.160 US$.

I would like to ask a question here. EJ recommends having 30% of our assets in gold, but I don't know if the optimun percentage would depend on the available cash that you have. That is, if you had 50,000US$, 500,000US$ or 5,000,000US$ cash available for investing, would 30% be the correct amount in each of the three cases? Or would it be problably higher or lower in some of those scenarios? Perhaps someone with good common sense can give me an answer?

Alvaro

Comment

Originally posted by Alvaro Spain View Post
                      I have, as for today, 30% of my cash invested in gold, bought at an average price of 1.160 US$.

I would like to ask a question here. EJ recommends having 30% of our assets in gold, but I don't know if the optimun percentage would depend on the available cash that you have. That is, if you had 50,000US$, 500,000US$ or 5,000,000US$ cash available for investing, would 30% be the correct amount in each of the three cases? Or would it be problably higher or lower in some of those scenarios? Perhaps someone with good common sense can give me an answer?

Alvaro
                      As a reminder, iTulip does not dispense investment advice. We explain what we are doing and why we are doing it. Some of our readers may choose to follow our lead. Others combine our views with the views of other analysts.
                      Ed.

Comment

I am aware that EJ is not giving investment advice. My question had a different intention, because I really don't know much about finance/economy, and I dont trust my bankers, so I am by myself in this world of investing. The question was earnestly asked but, in any case, if it could cause someone trouble of any kind, I prefer not to have any answer.

Alvaro

Comment

Originally posted by doom&gloom View Post
                          How many ounces do you own?
                          You really have not answered the question about physical verus CEF and GTU. I have not voted since I am still waiting for an answer

Comment

Originally posted by jiimbergin View Post
                            You really have not answered the question about physical verus CEF and GTU. I have not voted since I am still waiting for an answer
                            well, when I put it up I looked at it as a "physical thing" to get an idea of
                            how committed people are to owning physical. the ability to buy CEF & GTU
                            is a daily trade you can exit anytime. I see physical as more of a "committment".

Comment

Originally posted by Alvaro Spain View Post

Alvaro
                              You need enough cash around to meet short term liquidity needs without having to sell anything.

For the record, I am about 95% in.
                              It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X