God is bankrupt, Jesus in foreclosure sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is bankrupt, Jesus in foreclosure sale

and you wonder why the world laughs at Americans.

Turns out the American evangelical jesus lover boom was all debt driven, easy money for God. Faith based after all. LOL.

I always wondered where all those GW Bush faith based campaign contributions came from.

Perhaps I'll change careers and pick up an evangelical church on the cheap, never need to pay taxes again as long as you contribute to the GOP.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...2.X3z4o&pos=10

Re: God is bankrupt, Jesus is in foreclosure

Originally posted by MulaMan View Post
    and you wonder why the world laughs at Americans.

Turns out the American evangelical jesus lover boom was all debt driven, easy money for God. Faith based after all. LOL.

I always wondered where all those GW Bush faith based campaign contributions came from.

Perhaps I'll change careers and pick up an evangelical church on the cheap, never need to pay taxes again as long as you contribute to the GOP.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...2.X3z4o&pos=10
    With two major caveats:

One, skip the partisan bs.

Two, Jesus wants you to be rich

The covenant is closed....

Comment

Re: God is bankrupt, Jesus is in foreclosure

[quote=MulaMan;134059]and you wonder why the world laughs at Americans.

A brief reading of your post explains why!

Cindy

Comment

Re: God is bankrupt, Jesus in foreclosure sale

the posted article says:

"We are a ministry structured as a credit union that functions as a commercial bank” said Jac La Tour, a spokesman for ECCU.

:eek::confused::mad::eek: ( words can't express...)

“The reason ministries are losing buildings is that they got into way too much debt to begin with,” Mikes said.

Here in the middle of the US, church construction seems to have gone hog-wild in three waves. First, a few televangelists built mega-church complexes with 100,000 or more square feet of spectacular space.

Next a wave of nationally franchised churches without TV shows like Vineyard USU built giant complexes. They use slick retail marketing and brand-identity techniques. The church buildings like this I’ve been in feel architecturally like shopping malls –a big 3 story atrium with a big round information desk and long promenade, a central food court, and rooms off the mall way like shops.

In the last wave, modest suburban and exurban congregations decided they needed the same thing –a new giant church complex.

The whole thing is a ridiculous waste of money and resources. At least the last group is fairly honest about the loan deals –their funding is only hoped for, not in hand now, and the money to pay for it all is expected to arrive based only on faith!

Like shopping malls, I don’t expect these buildings will be practical for any other use once foreclosed.

Comment

What Mulaman describes has little to do with Christianity. Almost all of those "evangelists" are self-appointed heretics who don't even know where the Bible came from, much less anything about the Church.

You'll need to read Eusibius' History of the Church and Early Christian Doctrines by J. N. D. Kelly to know anything about real Christianity.

What mockers like Mulaman refer to is only show business.

Comment

Originally posted by Raz View Post
            What Mulaman describes has little to do with Christianity. Almost all of those "evangelists" are self-appointed heretics who don't even know where the Bible came from, much less anything about the Church.

You'll need to read Eusibius' History of the Church and Early Christian Doctrines by J. N. D. Kelly to know anything about real Christianity.

What mockers like Mulaman refer to is only show business.
            Looks to me like you and Mula are in violent agreement

Comment

Originally posted by thriftyandboringinohio View Post
              Like shopping malls, I don’t expect these buildings will be practical for any other use once foreclosed.
              Pens for the dispossessed.

Comment

the posted article says:

"We are a ministry structured as a credit union that functions as a commercial bank” said Jac La Tour, a spokesman for ECCU.

“The reason ministries are losing buildings is that they got into way too much debt to begin with,” Mikes said.

Here in the middle of the US, church construction seems to have gone hog-wild in three waves. First, a few televangelists built mega-church complexes with 100,000 or more square feet of spectacular space.

Next a wave of nationally franchised churches without TV shows like Vineyard USU built giant complexes. They use slick retail marketing and brand-identity techniques. The church buildings like this I’ve been in feel architecturally like shopping malls –a big 3 story atrium with a big round information desk and long promenade, a central food court, and rooms off the mall way like shops.

In the last wave, modest suburban and exurban congregations decided they needed the same thing –a new giant church complex.

The whole thing is a ridiculous waste of money and resources. At least the last group is fairly honest about the loan deals –their funding is only hoped for, not in hand now, and the money to pay for it all is expected to arrive based only on faith!

Eh who needs churches now that Goldman Sachs is doing God's work!! The GOP, Goldman and God --- Its the Holy Trinity of our times.
                It's the Debt, stupid!!

Comment

Originally posted by loweyecue View Post
                  Eh who needs churches now that Goldman Sachs is doing God's work!! The GOP, Goldman and God --- Its the Holy Trinity of our times.
                  I wish I had investments in Goldman Sacks, so I could dump them like I dumped Wachovia (Wells Fargo) and American Express . . . moving all my banking and credit card business to a small local bank.

It seems like the height of foolishness to support the people who are robbing you.
                  I'd like to refuse paying taxes, but the government would put me in jail . . . something that Wachovia can't do . . . yet :eek:
                  raja
                  Boycott Big Banks • Vote Out Incumbents

Comment

the posted article says:

Hasn't 'faith-based' funding actually increased under Obama? Among the 'faithful' is that seen as effective federal stimulus, or simply effective Federal control ;)

(In England, the BBC apparently has a religious thought of the day. Reportedly approached by seculars to add their daily thoughts, they were told to get lost. Must be one of those third rails....:p)

Comment

Working...
                    X