Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Fiscal Collapse"- Michel Chossudovsky, Ottawa University (8min.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fiscal Collapse"- Michel Chossudovsky, Ottawa University (8min.)

" a circular diabolical process" - Chossudovsky [happy Halloween ]

This was posted in Sept. 2009 on Utube.

Runtime: 8min.

Re: "Fiscal Collapse"- Michel Chossudovsky, Ottawa University (8min.)

Should we use the quote about the grave-diggers or reality presenting the bill?

Kind of drags in the middle there. His specialty, from what i've read of his, is really the IMF/World bank sort of stuff. I would have liked him to get more into THAT (he alludes to it at the end, and I'm not sure if his scenario sounded all that plausible: the banks giving the US conditions; you would think the Chinese or Japanese are really the ones in the background that will establish conditions).

The take away point though, and again, he only alludes to it, is that the US could end up like a third-world country (where's audrey's thread?) indebted to an institution like the IMF where, for example, public schools are closed and public utilities are sold off to raise revenue. Also see Dmitri Orlov on the firesale of Russia for a similar scenario in recent history. But really, to end with another notable quotable (Malcolm instead of Marx): I guess that's just chickens coming home to roost, and chickens coming home to roost never made me sad it only made me glad.

Comment

Originally posted by Verdred View Post
      Should we use the quote about the grave-diggers or reality presenting the bill?

Kind of drags in the middle there. His specialty, from what i've read of his, is really the IMF/World bank sort of stuff. I would have liked him to get more into THAT (he alludes to it at the end, and I'm not sure if his scenario sounded all that plausible: the banks giving the US conditions; you would think the Chinese or Japanese are really the ones in the background that will establish conditions).

The take away point though, and again, he only alludes to it, is that the US could end up like a third-world country (where's audrey's thread?) indebted to an institution like the IMF where, for example, public schools are closed and public utilities are sold off to raise revenue. Also see Dmitri Orlov on the firesale of Russia for a similar scenario in recent history. But really, to end with another notable quotable (Malcolm instead of Marx): I guess that's just chickens coming home to roost, and chickens coming home to roost never made me sad it only made me glad.

I bet he has more videos like this one

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=11852

Comment

there's too much anti-semitic ranting at globalresearch.ca for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          turns me off, too.

Comment

I don't know about globalresearch in general, but the first section of the video did focus on the Israeli invasion of gaza, but I think that's only because it had just happened like a week and a half before the talk (January 4th - invasion, January 14th talk).

Perhaps anti-semitic is the wrong term here: anti-Israel? Or at least, anti-invasion. Don't want to start a battle here, but it is possible to not be anti-semitic and still be extremely critical of Israel (all the massive amounts of extenuating circumstances, a la living in deathly fear of terrorist attacks, actually being attacked by rockets, and surrounded by hostile nations on all sides, not withstanding). I'm just saying is all.

Perhaps there have been other "gr" talks, articles that also struck one as anti-semitic/israel.

I think the video more confirmed my "scatter brained" opinion of chossoduvsky, he kind of rambles in general. ah well, better to stick to chomsky or some other.

Comment

Arabs are semites too. What is your opinion about them?

Comment

Does my saying the zionist entity has to go infuriate you? It has very little to do with the religion called Judaeism. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Serge_Tomiko View Post
                  Arabs are semites too. What is your opinion about them?
                  Yes, very clever. Being half arab myself, I can firmly say that I can't stand them

My opinion earlier is derived from the fact that globalresearch.ca tend to produce a lot of articles which insinuate some global Jewish conspiracy. As a form of anti-semitism it's as old as the hills, and frankly, it turns my stomach.

Comment

Yes, very clever. Being half arab myself, I can firmly say that I can't stand them

My opinion earlier is derived from the fact that globalresearch.ca tend to produce a lot of articles which insinuate some global Jewish conspiracy. As a form of anti-semitism it's as old as the hills, and frankly, it turns my stomach.

Some articles by Avnery
                    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...horName=Avnery

Is he on US TV or just on Russiatoday?

I haven't seen much on a global Jewish conspiracy on globalresearch.ca

Comment

Uri Avnery? Ha ha!

I'm sorry, I don't have much stamina for this topic these days. I'm no longer the glutton for punishment I was in my earlier youth.

Comment

I don't know about globalresearch, but I agree: even on the left, "progressive" side, there are always a few (but vocal) who think zionists are running the entire show. It is amazing how much leg that theory has.

I stick with the old lenin saying about not needing conspiracy theories: what we know for sure is bad enough.

Comment

Working...
                        X