Very interesting stuff.

From a personal-practical point of view, the head researcher at the Swedish Institute for Forensic Genetics had the idea that an individual's development through life was determined by ca. 40% genetics ("fate"), 30% environment (chance happenings out of his control), and 30% his own choices in life (" free will" if you like).

From a societal / ethical point of view, anything that can be done through "genetical engineering and control" probably will be at some point, the question being what might advance the human race, in competition with itself or other forms of life.