Sell Everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sell Everything

We experience a little liquidity crisis everyone runs for short term secure liquid cover, experience asset pricing correction, get ready for the next asset bubble, Alternative Energy and Infrastructure.

The foundation of Alternative Energy is being formulated now.
    http://www.ipcc.ch/
    http://ipcc.bravehost.com/

Ca. has 3 billion set up for solar credits (AB32) the program is booming solar sales
    http://www.sce.com/RebatesandSavings...larInitiative/

Have the smart PE Firms already set up for the repudiation of dollars back to the US, purchasing assets in the US pooling with limited partners with limited control and limited returns setting idle while they run to Asia setting up shop to funnel dollars back to their controlled assets in the US? The PE firms are purchasing Asia Co. in Asia that would benefit exporting to the US for needed items in next bubble of Alt. Energy and Infrastructure.

Last edited by bill; May 09, 2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Any investment suggestions on Alternative Energy and Infrastructure?
      raja
      Boycott Big Banks • Vote Out Incumbents

Comment

Originally posted by raja
        Any investment suggestions on Alternative Energy and Infrastructure?
        A lot of policy is in draft form now,,,follow this web site and don’t miss the live web cast.

http://transportation.house.gov/

Upcoming Events

Full Committee - Administration Proposals on Climate Change & Energy Independence
        Friday, May 11, 2007 10:00 AM - 2167 Rayburn HOB;

Full Committee - Climate Change & Energy Independence: Transportation & Infrastructure Issues
        Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:00 AM - 2167 Rayburn HOB;

Subcommittee on Highways and Transit - Public Private Partnerships: State and User Perspecitives
        Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:00 AM - 2167 Rayburn HOB;

read about PPP,,look at PPP legislation,,working draft of the model PPP legislation
        http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ppp/index.htm

I have posted a lot of links and data to my previous post,,,take a look

Comment

Just a quick word from a non-banker type, from what you guys are saying, with in the 6-12 months i can expect one hell of a crash, yes?

Big worry for me here in the UK is that its Japan in the early 90's....very low-negative bank rates. I much rather wake up and find high bank rates (early 80's recession) at lest my savings would carry me well.

(Yes, some of us do still SAVE!)
          Cheers
          Mike/Liverpool

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
            Just a quick word from a non-banker type, from what you guys are saying, with in the 6-12 months i can expect one hell of a crash, yes?

Big worry for me here in the UK is that its Japan in the early 90's....very low-negative bank rates. I much rather wake up and find high bank rates (early 80's recession) at lest my savings would carry me well.

(Yes, some of us do still SAVE!)
            Cheers
            Mike/Liverpool
            Mike,

I don't know who the bankers are that post on iTulip. I would surmise most people who post are non-bankers. Your suggestion that you are led to think "one hell of a crash" will occur in the next 6-12 months is a bit troublesome to me at least. Crashes are not common, and I would think odds are greater of there being some grindingly slow downtrend vs. there being anything like the one-day "crash" in 87, or the October "crash" in 1929 http://stockcharts.com/charts/historical/djia1900.html. '87 was nothing compared to '29-'32, and in the '29 "crash" that was just the beginning of an incredible period of loss. Maybe there will be another "crash" in the next 12 months; nobody really knows.

I take "high bank rates" to mean high interest rates. The problem with that is such rates exist when inflation is rampant, so even if one gets more interest on one's savings, the interest earned probably will go no further than lower earned interest in times of lesser inflation. Personally, I think we all are better off when inflation stays low, and we would be better off if we could truly discern what is the inflation rate.
            Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Jim
              I happened on this site after visiting Aaron’s excellent site. Like a child who has suddenly learnt to read I have been reading EJ’s “Back catalogue”…..and I found it fascinating.
              I would like to thank you all, expressly EJ……I thought I was insane. I thought I was completely out of my mind, thank you sir for restoring it!
              I am a humble Engineer living in Liverpool/UK Here in Blighty there is an illness called CREDIT. Almost everyone I know is hooked, plastic-fantastic or if that gets a bit too high for you just turn your house into an ATM machine!
              Watched a program were somebody wanted to raze some cash from the value their house. The Estate agent came round and said it was worth 40% more than they brought it for. The Couple went crazy, jumping about like they just scored the winning touch down in the Super bowl!
              Last edited by Mega; May 13, 2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

What!?...............Do they think this is “Free” money?.........don’t they like have to pay it back?
                Here in Blighty everyone is Maxed out, they spent their savings, borrowed more raided their mortgage ………….its like a never ending drugs party. Oh they been “so” clever! I see people driving into work in top of the range Merc’s, BMW’s, Landrovers……I KNOW that they are NOT doing that great………….but everyone wants to show their wealth (Debit) .
                I feel like an alien from another World, on my planet owning money is BAD!.............Just couldn’t understand………….until now.
                Last edited by Mega; May 13, 2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

The next recession:-
                  I guess that it will be like 1980, brought on by high rates, throw in an odd hedge fund going belly up and more housing grief. Collapse…?...........No but the $ will take a beating, with less demand for them seeing how lots of oil trades don’t need them and the IMF has been sent packing by Cheap loans from China etc
                  Trade War with China
                  Gold rocketing?................Up to a point, but the central banks will KILL stone dead any attempt at a day-fact-o return to a Gold standard. I have a lot of Cash, few investments (BT) I like to see high rates, it would sort out a few people !
                  I just wish we had a company like “Prudent Bear”……We don’t
                  Mike
                  Last edited by Mega; May 13, 2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X