Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goverment Motors would like a monment of your time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goverment Motors would like a monment of your time.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10908112...ities-concepts

Mike

Re: Goverment Motors would like a monment of your time.

Introducing the newly upgraded, wind powered Chevy Volt!

Ed.

Comment

yeah! FRED's getting funnier and edgier by the day.

Comment

hey, that's grg's idea!

Comment

I'm mildy confused... does it suck or blow?

Comment

i Hate to side with NWO, but the days of "Bubba the dumb fu*k" jumping into his F150 V8 to pick up a pint of milk at the store is coming to an end.

With "Peek cheap oil" here & an on coming collaspe of the $, he is GOING to down size!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
              i Hate to side with NWO, but the days of "Bubba the dumb fu*k" jumping into his F150 V8 to pick up a pint of milk at the store is coming to an end.
              It's not just Bubba. It's also Yancy K Yarmalduke, III, the Yalie in his Bentley. Let's not be classist here ... tsk, tsk.
              With "Peek cheap oil" here & an on coming collaspe of the $, he is GOING to down size!
              Yeah, but there is one upside to this. In this new era of the World Wide Web, we will get some really hilarious YouTube videos of Bubba shooting his pickup and cussing up a blue streak.
              Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Mike
                Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
                ...Yeah, but there is one upside to this. In this new era of the World Wide Web, we will get some really hilarious YouTube videos of Bubba shooting his pickup and cussing up a blue streak.
                In the long run you may be right...but as Keynes pointed out, in the long run we are all dead.

For the time being Mega, you will continue to be wrong on your repeated predictions of the demise of the American pick-up truck. You'll note that the pick-up is about the only vehicle that DOESN'T require a government [read: taxpayer] sponsored subsidy - might be the only honest vehicle left out there. Does anybody really think that an electric car that requires a massive subsidy to move off the lot and into your garage, and has to be plugged in every few hours to keep it alive, is going to save General Motors...or America?

I expect my pick-up will last far longer than any of these fancy plug-in electric or hybrid vehicles and ultimately return a far lower total cost per mile driven. My prediction is that the Volt, which is being rushed to completion and market in the midst of the most disruptive time in GM history, is going to generate a lot of bad press for GM when owners discover that almost none of them can actually make it 40 miles on a charge.

Comment

Originally posted by xela View Post
                  I'm mildy confused... does it suck or blow?
                  Both! It's a perpetual motion machine.
                  Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post
                    Introducing the newly upgraded, wind powered Chevy Volt!

May We Present the 2010 Whirligig!

Comment

Mike
                      The return of high fuel costs makes me wonder about the future of Ford. What is their future without the F150? Pretty bleak I suppose? They may have not needed a bailout this this year, but I suspect we may see Government motors part II by this time next year. If I remember correctly they were losing billions a quarter last year? It's not how many cars you sell, its how many you sell at a profit. The F150 has been their cash cow for years. And no battery is going to haul around a 6000lb truck.

Comment

Originally posted by flintlock View Post
                        The return of high fuel costs makes me wonder about the future of Ford. What is their future without the F150? Pretty bleak I suppose? They may have not needed a bailout this this year, but I suspect we may see Government motors part II by this time next year. If I remember correctly they were losing billions a quarter last year? It's not how many cars you sell, its how many you sell at a profit. The F150 has been their cash cow for years. And no battery is going to haul around a 6000lb truck.
                        Then again, maybe the Chevy Volt will turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to Ford. ;)

[it remains to be seen if a battery can haul around a 3500 lb car...]

Comment

Working...
                        X