• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega gives up

No, i mean it.

There are no FREE Markets
    There is no honest price discovery.
    You don't get ahead by honest hard work.
    Anything you achive is taken away
    We live in a total Comand econermy.

What's the point?
    To be a slave to enrich those whom use you tax $ to raid & Rape other peoples across the World to Their benafit.

The £ should have crashed
    The $ should have crashed.

"They" are forcing us to live in this ZOMBIE world.

Mike

Re: Mega gives up

Originally posted by Mega View Post

Mike
    You *need* to watch 'Dawn of the Dead'

mimbulus

Comment

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit. (Chinese proverb)
      It will happen - time erodes all things.
      Remember the recession is over in GB and they are celebrating by throwing more fuel into the fire to quell the flames.

Comment

The USA is one of the best places in the world to get ahead by honest work. But you must be smart enough to catch the waves of money that circulate through our world, not get drowned by those very waves, and provide good value as you do. Simultaneously you must become a tax expert, so that you pay only your legal share. Otherwise, yes, the smart will feast on the bones of the weak.

There have always been investment scams, rigged markets, insider networks, and unfair taxing mechanisms that take hard work and brains to avoid and/or leverage.

Over the last decade, I've been able to catch a small portion of the wave of high tech, the wave of outsourcing, and the wave of the housing bubble. I fully intend and am positioned to catch the next wave of inflation thanks to Eric. I'm keeping my eye on health care reform and green energy.

Reading iTulip is a start on the path to not getting drowned.

Don't give up. Get smarter. Work harder. The times we are approaching will be some of the best in history for those ahead of the wave to make lots of money with very little starting capital. By being here, you've got a head-start over 99% of America.

Comment

Something to cheer you up

And keep this in mind, we have never seen a collapse of a currency like the dollar. Even the hyperinflation during Germany's Weimar Period cannot serve as an example. Since the dollar is the reserve currency of most of the world, a panic out of the dollar means more dollars will return to the U.S. shores than any country has ever experienced. Other countries have had collapsed currencies, but never in the history of world of finance has so much currency been held outside a country of issue that could come flying back, almost on a moment’s notice. If the panic out of the dollar starts, even if Bernanke stops printing money (unlikely), all the dollars flying back into the U.S. could cause a huge price inflation all on its own. Killing the stock market to lower long term yields. If Bernanke’s biggest threat is high long term yields, the easiest way to prevent or postpone a yield ramp is to kill the stock market and create a flight to safety situation that lowers long term yields.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gue...t-manipulation

Guns and Butter - "The Collapse Gap"

"The Collapse Gap" with Dmitry Orlov, author of "Reinventing Collapse - The Soviet Example and American Prospects". Dmitry Orlov's repeated travels to Russia throughout the early nineties allowed him to observe the aftermath of the Soviet collapse first-hand. Being both a Russian and an American, Dmitry was able to appreciate both the differences and the similarities between the two superpowers. Eventually he came to the conclusion that the United States is going the way of the Soviet Union. His emphasis is on all the things that can still be made to work, and he advocates simply ignoring all that will fall by the wayside.
          http://kpfa.org/archive/id/52976

Comment

Originally posted by MarkL View Post
            The USA is one of the best places in the world to get ahead by honest work. But you must be smart enough to catch the waves of money that circulate through our world, not get drowned by those very waves, and provide good value as you do. Simultaneously you must become a tax expert, so that you pay only your legal share. Otherwise, yes, the smart will feast on the bones of the weak.

There have always been investment scams, rigged markets, insider networks, and unfair taxing mechanisms that take hard work and brains to avoid and/or leverage.

Over the last decade, I've been able to catch a small portion of the wave of high tech, the wave of outsourcing, and the wave of the housing bubble. I fully intend and am positioned to catch the next wave of inflation thanks to Eric. I'm keeping my eye on health care reform and green energy.

Reading iTulip is a start on the path to not getting drowned.

Don't give up. Get smarter. Work harder. The times we are approaching will be some of the best in history for those ahead of the wave to make lots of money with very little starting capital. By being here, you've got a head-start over 99% of America.
            Umm, I think Mega is in England?

Comment

Originally posted by flintlock View Post
              ha ha ha! advice to mega... give up... move!

Comment

No, i mean it.

What's the point?
                To be a slave to enrich those whom use you tax $ to raid & Rape other peoples across the World to Their benafit.

Mike
                Valid points perhaps, though if you read EJ carefully you should know why the currencies should not be expected to crash chaotically.

But what place and period in history should the "average Joe" trade life in modern U.K. or U.S. for?

Think about our current lives in terms of abundance (food and otherwise), quality of shelter, modern conveniences, quality of the workday, quality of days off and holidays, relative safety from infections, communicable diseases, vermin, plagues, short life span, legal rights, quality of health care and medical science, etc, etc.

Compare our era to 100 years ago, 200 years ago, etc.

Who has got it really good, comparatively speaking? Who lives in an era of relative comfort, safety, cheap entertainment, convenience, and long life span?

Not to say there aren't a lot of oligarchs and politicians we ought to make walk the plank.

Comment

Originally posted by pianodoctor View Post
                  Valid points perhaps, though if you read EJ carefully you should know why the currencies should not be expected to crash chaotically.

But what place and period in history should the "average Joe" trade life in modern U.K. or U.S. for?

Think about our current lives in terms of abundance (food and otherwise), quality of shelter, modern conveniences, quality of the workday, quality of days off and holidays, relative safety from infections, communicable diseases, vermin, plagues, short life span, legal rights, quality of health care and medical science, etc, etc.

Compare our era to 100 years ago, 200 years ago, etc.

Who has got it really good, comparatively speaking? Who lives in an era of relative comfort, safety, cheap entertainment, convenience, and long life span?

Not to say there aren't a lot of oligarchs and politicians we ought to make walk the plank.
                  I'd settle for 1985

Comment

No, i mean it.

What's the point?

Mike
                    I think you need more patience. I think there is good chance the US economy will possibly gather some steam, the UK economy to, as that happens I suspect the currencies will go down, while gold will shine, but patience first. If that's your scenario, I would not judge it so soon.

Comment

No, i mean it.

What's the point?

Mike
                      Keep a gold coin ( maybe an old gold sovereign ) next to you when you eat. Always carry a gold coin in your watch pocket. Stare at the gold coin when you become disillusioned and sad. You might even sleep with the gold coin under your pillow.;)

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post
                        Keep a gold coin ( maybe an old gold sovereign ) next to you when you eat. Always carry a gold coin in your watch pocket. Stare at the gold coin when you become disillusioned and sad. You might even sleep with the gold coin under your pillow.;)
                        Great advice Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                          Originally posted by flintlock View Post
                          ha ha ha! advice to mega... give up... move!
                          Won't help much ... UK is where the US will be in 20 years ...
                          Finster

Comment

No, i mean it.

What's the point?

Mike
                            Take a look at the Putz from Princeton, his supporters and his so-called critics. Apparently, we haven't had enough fiat money:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a.PHRbUy99-w

(The gobbly-gook is for: pid=20601109&sid=a.PHRbUy99_w. The link is to the article about re-appointing Bernanke at bloomberg.com on August 10th.)

The key point to take-away from the bloomberg article was all of the friends Bernanke has in the academic community. They support Bernanke's re-appointment to the FOMC.

Not to be out-done by the academics at Columbia University and Princeton University, President Obama is currently supportive of Bernanke's re-appointment to the FOMC.
                            Last edited by Starving Steve; August 10, 2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I think there is a small War between Obama and Bernanke.

Bernanke knows he won't be relected if he don't print enough, even Obama might not choose him even if he print enough.

I think the Bernanke created Lehman collapse might have been what elected Obama, so I really think Obama owe it to bernanke.

Bernanke really gave in to political pressure when he let Lehman go, acting against his better perception. He is the type to do it again, by causing a lot of inflation.

In a strange sense, I think you need someone paranoid about deflation to create a lot of inflation. In that sense I think Bernanke is perfect for the job, even I prefer Larry Summers, as Summers have a more forceful approach and is likely to cause more of a boom condition than Bernanke. With Summers they could weaken the dollar enough to the US export machine going. With Bernanke I am worried about a half dead economy.

Comment

Working...
                              X