• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Selling for ounces of Gold

Skip to the end (7:30)...very interesting that the asking price is in gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVt2U3S6g8

Re: House Selling for ounces of Gold

Appears the seller is British and is not interested in dollars.
    Ed.

Comment

You got the dollars part right but he's def not British...a bit more 'rural' than that

Comment

Originally posted by sn1p3r View Post
        You got the dollars part right but he's def not British...a bit more 'rural' than that
        A bit rural? No kidding. The city of Pahokee is well, let's see, how can I say this nicely? A bit challenged demographically? Sitting as it is, in a flood plain, below lake level protected by a decaying earthen dam and next to the city of Belle Glade, one of the poorest areas in the state. A "loggia"? Who are they trying to kid? Sailing and yachting capital? Riiiiight! :rolleyes:

One time on a road trip from Miami to Tampa with an old girlfriend we cut through Pahokee. Sherry was a nice girl, from San Francisco. rather liberal and quite sheltered. Driving along the very road featured in this video she saw her first real Confederate flag flying proudly from several homes. Poor thing. She about freaked.

One nice thing about the property is the construction with Dade County Pine. It's virtually extinct now and not really available but old buildings that are made from it are virtually impervious to the elements. Really good stuff. Lake O also does have world class bass fishing.

Not germane I know but I couldn't resist.
        Last edited by BiscayneSunrise; June 29, 2009, 07:20 PM.
        Greg

Comment

Hey I know the area as I now live in Florida Question for the buyers – Have U seen the move Deliverance? Do U have more than two (2) teeth? (ok I’m talking about your real teeth) Can u spell doublewide. If so welcome

Comment

Originally posted by rabot10 View Post
            Hey I know the area as I now live in Florida Question for the buyers – Have U seen the move Deliverance? Do U have more than two (2) teeth? (ok I’m talking about your real teeth) Can u spell doublewide. If so welcome

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post
              Appears the seller is British and is not interested in dollars.
              It's always better to pay in fiat no matter the currency.

Comment

Originally posted by santafe2 View Post
                It's always better to pay in fiat no matter the currency.
                I think ~I understand your point, better to pay for something out of your pocket with worthless paper rather then a hard asset but I still think it is better to pay with gold or via barter, what ever - for my part I rejoice when I see people doing this - the more that this type of commerce is practiced the more people will wake up to the scam of fractional reserve banking, usury, FIAT currency etc.

"Gee why's that guy asking for Gold for his home?"
                "that each simple substance has relations which express all the others"

Comment

Working...
                X