Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Inflation is going to increase substantially" - Martin Hennecke (6min.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Inflation is going to increase substantially" - Martin Hennecke (6min.)

Inflation huh? Whats new.

Even then, $150 silver? That seems high even for me; lets hope we don't get there.

Martin Hennecke, associate director at Tyche Group, explains why he thinks inflation will become a major problem and recommends precious metals and commodities to hedge against such inflation.

Two snippets from the interview:
    "The banking crisis, the subprime crisis, hasn't been fixed at all, just simply transferred the problems from the banks to the books of the governments, especially in the Western countries. And now this is why the Federal Reserve has to raise, and the U.S. government has to raise such insane amounts of money --- 1.8 trillion dollars, is likely to be the deficit for this year. That's just the lower estimate, even Obama's government came out saying that [they] likely have to revise this due to the unemployment figures..."

"Inflation is going to increase very substantially as a result of all this money printing as they can't really raise all these funds that they need to raise for the bailouts and they will have to print substantial amounts of debt. Quantitative easing will get worse. As you have said, the Chinese are getting extremely nervous of this. We just had a projection from [the] Dallas Federal Reserve President, saying that the unfunded liabilities of the pension and healthcare in the U.S. is $99 trillion. So inflation is going to be a major issue going forward, so even for cautious investors, they need to invest just to protect their wealth. Gold definitely is one of the asset classes we like..."

Last edited by LargoWinch; May 30, 2009, 10:20 AM. Reason: Added description. Thanks to "hyperstagflation" for the clip; hopefully a new iTuliper soon...

Re: "Inflation is going to increase substantially" - Martin Hennecke (6min.)

For someone who finds buying gold to be a bit expensive, would silver be a good alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by Sokesleezy View Post
      For someone who finds buying gold to be a bit expensive, would silver be a good alternative?
      I love silver coins. I use them as a card protector. Someone will always ask to see it, and then can give a little speach about real money. Everybody at the table will nod yes.

Comment

Gold is money, Silver is King.
        Silver is much more affordable than gold for the average person.
        I buy as much as I can as often as possible.

Comment

This guy is a pretty mediocre analyst. I'd ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by phirang View Post

yes... but he tells us what we want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by phirang View Post
              hmm ok. why you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by LargoWinch View Post
                hmm ok. why you say that?
                He was buying asian currencies in summer 2008 and asian stocks. He obviously has no understanding of the markets.

Comment

Working...
                X