Anyone know an anaesthetist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know an anaesthetist?

Anyone know were to find them on the internet?
    Need to chat to one, may be a forum some where?
    Mike

Re: Anyone know an anaesthetist?

That's a little weird...even for you, Mikey! You could just look under anaesthetist, forum, or something. You have heard of google, right?

Comment

I am an anesthesiologist who works in the USA and has worked in the UK.

Comment

Thanks for the come back............am VERY pushed for time as am doing 12 hour shifts right now. I like to PM you on a personal issune, but what i need to ask right now is:-

If you put someone under using just gas (i know you need to inject stuff as well if its major work being done)......What gas do you use & how long does it take to go under & come out of it...........& can you make someone go under quickly?
        Cheers
        Mike

Comment

In that event, I would use sevoflurane. It is less noxious and irritating to the airways allowing an inhalation induction even in adults. A "single breath" induction technique can be used, but it is in reality a several breath event. While the first breath is unlikely to induce unconsciousness it very often leads to euphoria and subsequent compliance with the fairly rapid induction of complete general anesthesia afforded by several more inhalations.

Umm? Why do you ask? For several reasons this would not be an effective way to subdue somebody....in case you were hypothetically musing.

Comment

Sir
            I find myself some what “disappointed” by your reply, Mega is a gentleman!

I woo women via 2 methods, either personally or pay-packet, I don’t do rape!
            Which ever method I deeply respect the woman, for sharing herself with me or having the business accrue to charge me for it.

I suspect I find an anaesthesia woman a poor sexual partner, I like lots of interaction & if she wants to get quite violent with me (am not allowed to hit back) that’s fine as well (might explain why I always had a thing for female vampires).

The reason why I asked about the gas was because I watched a young man getting put under with Gas on Youtube. It seemed to take a long time & seeing how they were going to remove his tonsils I thought he might wake before they finished.

I hope this sets the record straight.
            Cheers
            Mike

Comment

Mind you does frighten me!

Comment

That was actually an intravenous induction (you can observe the assistant pushing the drugs in the background). The initial mask use was used for something called "preoxygenation" A laryngeal mask was inserted post induction. They were moving very slowly and deliberately.

Comment

Rushing is never a good idea!

Comment

You know when you guys are trainning, do you just watch the "old hands" at work or do you pick someone from the class & they are told don't eat or drink anything tonight because tomorrows practal is YOU!?

Grab a Nurse & get her to agree to be the subject or get someone from out side the hospital to agree to come in and be the subject?

Mike

Comment

Mega, I truly hope you are not going under the knife, nor anyone close to you. Are you okay? Or is this all in search of knowledge?

Comment

Hi F
                        A deeply personal issune that i am trying to deal with, not sure Touhy can help me with it............
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X