• lakedaemonian

There is no available content written by lakedaemonian
  • Recent Forum Posts

dcarrigg

Re: EJ Twitter thread on yield curve inversion

anyway, jk, it's a weird moment. you catch this craziness? talk's cheap. but could you imagine the brt rejecting milton friedman's nonsense even just 5 years ago? there's something i would have bet...

dcarrigg Today, 10:06 AM Go to last post
    dcarrigg

speaking of chris matthews, because he keeps coming up, i think maybe he's the #1 proponent of this strange idea that tip & raygun were lovey dovey political allies just because they could hang and...

dcarrigg Today, 08:04 AM Go to last post
    vt

I remember those gas lines and 20% feds fund rates well.

The portrayal of a feckless Carter on SNL saying: "Let's party! we'll all be millionaires! was the crowning blow on poor Jimmy.

vt Yesterday, 08:42 PM Go to last post
    jk

got be careful about what's cause and what's effect, woodsman. the inflation really dates to the guns AND butter johnson policies, way before carter, when lbj didn't want to raise taxes to pay for...

jk Yesterday, 07:34 PM Go to last post
    dcarrigg

idea was simply that uncle sam can raise revenue. it's an option at least. well aware you don't like that option. hell, it hasn't happened for 40 years. so i guess y'all got everything you wanted....

dcarrigg Yesterday, 04:35 PM Go to last post
    Mega

Oh Jimmy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlRVy7oZ58

I think he was trying to be Churchill like , but Churchill at lest was drunk most of the time

Mega Yesterday, 04:12 PM Go to last post
    Mega

Ah Woodsman
    You & I must have a drink sometime...............

Jimmy, where do I start?
    I recall during a Heat wave Jimmy switched off the air-con in the White House (Save engery/Look good in the...

Mega Yesterday, 03:50 PM Go to last post
    Woodsman

Of course I'm wasting my time and breath, so forgive this indulgence. Only I'm old enough to have lived through the Carter idiocy and have to doubt the wisdom of any proposal that looks to his tax...

Woodsman Yesterday, 03:07 PM Go to last post
Opinions expressed herein are those of the posters, not those of iTulip, Inc., its owners, or management. All material posted on this board becomes the intellectual property of the poster and iTulip, Inc., and may not be reposted in full on another website without the express written permission of iTulip, Inc. By exception, the original registered iTulip member who authored a post may repost his or her own material on other sites. Permission is hereby granted to repost brief excerpts of material from this forum on other websites provided that attribution and a link to the source is included with the reposted material.

Nothing on this website is intended or should be construed as investment advice. It is intended to be used for informational and entertainment purposes only. We reserve the right to make changes, including change in price, content, description, terms, etc. at any time without notice. By using this board you agree that you understand the risks of trading, and are solely responsible for your own investment and trading decisions. Read full legal disclaimer.

Journalists are not permitted to contact iTulip members through this forum's email and personal messaging services without written permission from iTulip, Inc. Requests for permission may be made via Contact Us.

Objectionable posts may be reported to the board administrators via Contact Us.

-->