Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Gangster Palace?

Makes Vancouver look cheap
    Wing Tai Holdings Ltd. (WINGT) Chairman Cheng Wai Keung is seeking a record S$300 million ($242 million) for a home near Singapore’s Orchard Road shopping belt, betting that developers may profit from dividing the site.

The 85,000-square-foot site on an elevated lot at 33 Nassim Road, near the city’s Botanic Gardens, includes a two-story home, swimming pool and tennis court, according to Jones Lang LaSalle Inc., the sole marketing agent. Wing Tai’s stock rose to the highest in more than three years...

...“These kinds of assets come onto the market once in 10, 15 or even 20 years,” Karamjit Singh, head of investments and residential at Jones Lang LaSalle in Singapore, said in a phone interview yesterday. “The potential buyers of this league would be able to recognize the opportunity.”...

...“This is beyond economics, it’s mind boggling and probably one of the highest in the world,” said Alan Cheong, senior director of research and consultancy at broker Savills (Singapore) Pte. “It’s no small change even for the ultra high net worth. It could be an Indian tycoon or a Russian oligarch that might bid for it.”...

...“The primary value of a property is based on the land value,” Newby said in a phone interview yesterday. For the Singapore property, “if the land is worth $150 million to $200 million, then this might be a legitimate buy.”...

...Residential prices in Singapore climbed to a record in the first quarter as an increase in the number of millionaires drove up demand. Singapore is Asia’s most-expensive housing market after Hong Kong, according to a Knight Frank LLP and Citi Private Bank report released last year that compared 63 locations globally.

Increasing wealth in the island-state has contributed to rising property prices. Singapore’s millionaire households rose 14 percent in 2011, according to a Boston Consulting study. The proportion of millionaire homes in the city of 5.3 million people was 17 percent, the highest in the world, followed by Qatar and Kuwait...

Re: The Ultimate Gangster Palace?

Originally posted by don View Post
    I was expecting Dimon's or Blankfein's digs, neither as easy to find as they once were . . .
    That would be under a different thread I believe...The Ultimate Bankster Palace...

I heard a rumour that Lloyd wanted to buy this place...deemed it the most appropriate for him to continue to do God's work apparently...

Comment

Re: The Ultimate Gangster Palace?

I was expecting Dimon's or Blankfein's digs, neither as easy to find as they once were . . .

Comment

Working...
      X