Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this picture?

Print chart

The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, which correspond to twice the inverse of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Real Estate index. The fund normally invests 80% of assets in financial instruments with economic characteristics that should be inverse to those of the index. It may employ leveraged investment techniques in seeking its investment objective. The fund is nondiversified.

Are these guys just that bad. I was looking into this. But now:eek:

Re: What's wrong with this picture?

SRS is crap.

Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Any double long/short which so both over and under performs its underlying index by such widely varying multiples is either incompetent or being manipulated.

USO is another.

Anytime you consider an ETF - look closely at how it correlates vs. its underlying index and its thesis.

It is absolutely unrealistic to expect exactly 2x in a double long/short, for example, but the trend lines should be very similar.

In contrast, look at the UYG/SKF/BKX trio.

Comment

Originally posted by c1ue View Post
      SRS is crap.

Any double long/short which so both over and under performs its underlying index by such widely varying multiples is either incompetent or being manipulated.

USO is another.

Anytime you consider an ETF - look closely at how it correlates vs. its underlying index and its thesis.

It is absolutely unrealistic to expect exactly 2x in a double long/short, for example, but the trend lines should be very similar.

Thank you.

Yes. I agree SRS is crap. I was just wondering why. I did take a look at UGY/SKF. Instead of 2X's it closer to 50%. Oh well.
      Customize chart - modify settings below and click the Redraw chart button. Need help? Compare to these symbols (16 max):

Here is another one. This one I own PST

1d5d10d1m3m6mYTD1yr3yr5yr10yrMax Print chart

Comment

Re: The lord givith and he taketh away

What a ride. Glad I didn't get in.

Customize chart - modify settings below and click the Redraw chart button. Need help? Compare to these symbols (16 max):

Comment

C1ue:
          It just gets worse. I'm glad I didn't do anything stupid.

Customize chart - modify settings below

As the dollar falls Treasuries have to follow don't you think?
          What do you think of PST? Nice double bottom? I love that term

Customize chart - modify settings below and click the Redraw chart button. Need help?

Comment

The time to short the Treasuries is when it is clear that inflation is unacceptable. The first signal to start watching was yesterday when the Fed decided to start buying Treasuries directly.

Comment

The time to short the Treasuries is when it is clear that inflation is unacceptable. The first signal to start watching was yesterday when the Fed decided to start buying Treasuries directly.
              Unexceptable to whom? To me, if I were a bond holder (foreign bank or private investor, you name it.) I would not wait. On the other hand there are no more bond vigilantes are there?

Comment

Unacceptable to the American public as expressed by political effects.

The key here is that the Fed or Treasury or some other government agency is no longer meddling with the Treasury market due to political sea change.

Sure you can start before then, but there is no practical limit to how you can get screwed by government action (will get in my opinion).

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

SRS is crap.

USO is another.

You couldn't be more right if you had tomorrows paper. Look out below

49.80 -21.14 -29.80%
                    Open: 65.60 High: 65.76 Low: 48.88
                    Previous Close: 70.94 Volume: 23,689,700
                    After Hours: 49.60 -0.20 / -0.40% Vol. 259,050
                    Eastern Time1d5d10d1m3m6mYTD1yr3yr5yr10yrMax Print chart Customize chart - modify

Comment

Working...
                    X