Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making sense

Originally posted by charliebrown View Post
    I have noticed that if markets are overvalued, use a shiller p.e., price to sales, etc. to measure this, and the 10 month moving average is decreasing, then it is time to sell. That happened Monday 8/31. I'm only at 9% stock allocation and mostly value stocks. I took some off the table.
    That makes sense to me. Use a fundamental yardstick, and include psychological factors: market over valued, investors getting scared, time to liquidate!

Comment

Re: the principle behind wind socks - and Trend-Change

Here's the Monthly chart of the SPX as of today's close. It will take a HUGE rally to close it above the 20-month SMA tomorrow at 1,996.69. IF IT DOESN'T then we'll have another warning of a potential Long-Term trend change. And if it doesn't climb and close well above the 20-month SMA on October 30th the odds of a Bear Market will become highly likely.

Watch the close tomorrow.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the updates, raz. s&p's up about 1.5% at the moment, only needs to rise another 3.5% before the close.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
          thanks for the updates, raz. s&p's up about 1.5% at the moment, only needs to rise another 3.5% before the close.
          Well I knew it wouldn't make it after looking at the volume, OCO only A/D line, etc. This is another warning.
          But we won't have real confirmation until we see the monthly price range and monthly close for October.

We'll have to wait until Friday, October 30th for that info.

The final chart through September with comments is attached.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Raz; 10-01-15, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raz View Post
            Well I knew it wouldn't make it after looking at the volume, OCO only A/D line, etc. This is another warning.
            But we won't have real confirmation until we see the monthly price range and monthly close for October.

We'll have to wait until Friday, October 30th for that info.

The final chart through September with comments is attached.

i'm mostly in cash with the plan of MAYBE re-entering equities at the end of oct. maybe i'll wait til early nov to decide.

Comment

I intended to post this last night but the site was down.
              Once again "Fedspeak" sent the bulls into an orgasmic frenzy.

And why not? The suppression of the money markets by the Fed has everyone chasing yield; after all - "where else are you going to put your money?"

Two charts with commentary are attached.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X