Anyone looking at gold miners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone looking at gold miners?

I know EJ is negative on mining as a whole, but if there is an unloved sector at the moment it's gold miners and strictly as a contrarian I'm looking hard.

I have a few minor positions that I consider long-term calls on gold, but I'm considering adding here -- and seriously. This is ridiculous.

Re: Anyone looking at gold miners?

why bother? They will be shorted in every gold pairs trade until gold shows some real strength. I can't see that happening for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jpatter666 View Post
      I know EJ is negative on mining as a whole, but if there is an unloved sector at the moment it's gold miners and strictly as a contrarian I'm looking hard.

I have a few minor positions that I consider long-term calls on gold, but I'm considering adding here -- and seriously. This is ridiculous.
      20 on GDX is my target. We hit that in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by globaleconomicollaps View Post
        20 on GDX is my target. We hit that in 2008
        you may be right
        dan norcini sees this as a possibility
        http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com

Comment

I have not heard of Dan Norcini, but that is one of the best pieces of writing that I have read in years. Many thanks as I think he hits it perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by DRumsfeld2000 View Post
            I have not heard of Dan Norcini, but that is one of the best pieces of writing that I have read in years. Many thanks as I think he hits it perfectly.
            You are welcome.

When I posted the massive put option article was not on his site rather the panic selling article. I think EJ's premise on the oil correlation to gold also is playing an effect not to mention the already mentioned bullhorn media playing up to Goldman and the CB.My guess and only a guess is we are experiencing the perfect storm for a downdraft in gold.This next ride down if we close below 1530 this month will throw some of the poor performing high debt miners into acquisition mode or out of business. This will tighten supply and then we will see what happens to gold later this year.

Comment

I am hoping prices fall tremendously so I can pick some up in May or June. I hope gold dies!

Comment

Working...
              X