Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Coming Euro Collapse- How a Greek defualt could cause a run on the European banking system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coming Euro Collapse- How a Greek defualt could cause a run on the European banking system

Euro Crisis and Euro Collapse

If

Re: The Coming Euro Collapse- How a Greek defualt could cause a run on the European banking system

The 2 links are not very coherent.

For one thing, the author does a terrible job of delineating what a euro crisis vs. a euro collapse means.

The line between future and present is also very vague; Greece has a crisis but has not collapsed in any way.

On top of this, there is a clear confusion between the E.U. trade zone, the euro as a currency, and membership in the European Union.

PIIGS not being able to get cheap financing is not the same as the value of the euro collapsing.

PIIGS leaving the E.U. trade zone, or reverting back to their own currencies, is similarly not a collapse of either the euro or the E.U./E.U. trade bloc.

It is entirely conceivable, for example, that the euro splits into North Euro and South Euro - where the North Euro is backed by German, French, and Dutch debt (or more correctly debt worthiness) while the South Euro gets inflated. Certainly consequence of such an event is a black market trade in euro cash, but that wouldn't be a new phenomenon either - the only new aspect would be euro to euro black market trading as opposed to euro to drachma or euro to lire.

Comment

Re: The Coming Euro Collapse- How a Greek defualt could cause a run on the European banking system

We will see double-digit yields in most of the garbage EU countries in a matter of weeks.

I will close out my precious metal shorts when gold hits 1020, unless it's clear it's plunging below 1k.

The Euro crash is going to hurt - badly - and the commodity trade/anti-dollar trade will be most afflicted.

Be scared - be very, very scared.

Comment

Originally posted by phirang View Post
        We will see double-digit yields in most of the garbage EU countries in a matter of weeks.

I will close out my precious metal shorts when gold hits 1020, unless it's clear it's plunging below 1k.

The Euro crash is going to hurt - badly - and the commodity trade/anti-dollar trade will be most afflicted.

so you are going short garbage EU bonds and commodities?

Comment

Originally posted by phirang View Post

Short euro long dollar. It can't be that simple, non?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Short euro long dollar. It can't be that simple, non?
            It is that simple!

Just don't be short the dollar - you'll be ok.

Gold to 1020 - then evaluate.

Comment

Working...
            X