Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk round the camp fire:- China will "Invite"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk round the camp fire:- China will "Invite"...

China will "invite" the US to borrow from now on using its new $ replacement cash. Russia DEMANDS Gold for atlest part of it & to bring them & other on board China has agreed.

The HK$ will be pegged to it as will other formly $ pegged moneys.
    Mike

Re: Talk round the camp fire:- China will "Invite"...

Originally posted by Mega View Post
    China will "invite" the US to borrow from now on using its new $ replacement cash. Russia DEMANDS Gold for atlest part of it & to bring them & other on board China has agreed.

The HK$ will be pegged to it as will other formly $ pegged moneys.
    Mike
    *cough*untiltheresalinkpostedtoacrediblenewssource thisbelongsinrumors*cough*

;)
    Every interest bearing loan is mathematically impossible to pay back.

Comment

Originally posted by ricket View Post
      *cough*untiltheresalinkpostedtoacrediblenewssource thisbelongsinrumors*cough*

;)
      I wanna know who's mug is on the highest denomination of the "new cash". Mao? Lenin? Stalin? Deng Xiaoping, Peter Schiff...who???

Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

What difference does it make whose mug is on the new currency? What really matters is what the currency is backed with and does the new currency replace the dying American currency? If it does, how so?

As far as mugs are concerned, Stalin or Mao would make for a hilarious choice. Good for China! Let American school children learn about other heros beside the "founding fathers".

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post
          What difference does it make whose mug is on the new currency? What really matters is what the currency is backed with and does the new currency replace the dying American currency? If it does, how so?

As far as mugs are concerned, Stalin or Mao would make for a hilarious choice. Good for China! Let American school children learn about other heros beside the "founding fathers".
          It'll be backed by the same ever elusive quality that backs all global currencies today..."confidence"**. That's why the mug shot on the highest denomination is important.

I heard a rumour the Chinese were considering using Jim Roger's picture, he being the only person they know that bashes the US Dollar more than they do. But they changed their mind when they discovered how many ink colours were needed to accurately reproduce the bow tie...

**And that's why it will never come to pass. If you think the G7 had difficulty making collective decisions, just wait till later this week when 20 completely disparate countries try to agree on the seating arrangement at lunch. The idea they could possibly agree on some new US Dollar replacement currency regime is so totally laughable it's beyond absurd. At best some rabble-rousing subset of the G20 will get an endorsement to go away, "study it" and bring back their recommendations...for further study, no doubt.
          Last edited by GRG55; 03-30-09, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
            **And that's why it will never come to pass. If you think the G7 had difficulty making collective decisions, just wait till later this week when 20 completely disparate countries try to agree on the seating arrangement at lunch. The idea they could possibly agree on some new US Dollar replacement currency regime is so totally laughable it's beyond absurd. At best some rabble-rousing subset of the G20 will get an endorsement to go away, "study it" and bring back their recommendations...for further study, no doubt.
            It'll come to pass if the Banksters can sufficiently threaten the major parties, and if the Banksters want it. First we have to go through some worse times in the world economy, with the Banksters one by one dragging each key player (US, Euro, China, Japan, Russia, OPEC, ...) through some scary times that leave the political leaders of each fearing for their survival.

I agree that such a global currency committee cannot possibly function competently on its own accord. Neither can the United States Senate in the current power structure. That's immaterial.
            Most folks are good; a few aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
              It'll come to pass if the Banksters can sufficiently threaten the major parties, and if the Banksters want it. First we have to go through some worse times in the world economy, with the Banksters one by one dragging each key player (US, Euro, China, Japan, Russia, OPEC, ...) through some scary times that leave the political leaders of each fearing for their survival.

I agree that such a global currency committee cannot possibly function competently on its own accord. Neither can the United States Senate in the current power structure. That's immaterial.
              TPC: We are witnessing the dying of the FIRE economy, not the rebirth of a new one. As the inexorable stresses of imploding economies continue to build, international cooperation is likely to decline. And that will make it more difficult to achieve what you describe above.

In addition we can be quite certain that the bankster patrons of the political class will one by one be sacrificed as they increasingly become serious liabilities for any ambitious politician. They have already passed the peak of their power, except those [like Jon Corzine] that decide to enter public service...because that is where the power is now shifting.;)

Comment

TPC: We are witnessing the dying of the FIRE economy, not the rebirth of a new one. As the inexorable stresses of imploding economies continue to build, international cooperation is likely to decline. And that will make it more difficult to achieve what you describe above.

In addition we can be quite certain that the bankster patrons of the political class will one by one be sacrificed as they increasingly become serious liabilities for any ambitious politician. They have already passed the peak of their power, except those [like Jon Corzine] that decide to enter public service...because that is where the power is now shifting.;)
                pakistan, afghanistan, iraq, ireland, mexico, etc... all once supported by fire econ bribes... no brime money, no 'peace'. the headlines tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                  pakistan, afghanistan, iraq, ireland, mexico, etc... all once supported by fire econ bribes... no brime money, no 'peace'. the headlines tell the story.
                  Just one example admittedly, but once the USA finally declares victory and abandons Iraq, does that country find a way to govern itself constructively, or does it decend once again into civil war?

If you were a betting man...

Comment

Just one example admittedly, but once the USA finally declares victory and abandons Iraq, does that country find a way to govern itself constructively, or does it decend once again into civil war?

If you were a betting man...
                    If i were a betting man (and i am not ) I would say Iraq falls into oblivion or splits into separate countries.... Could see it right when that tard Bush decided to lie to the country and take us to war...

Too many differences, too many allegiances, too much power (oil) concentrated into a tiny spot (kurds) for them to agree to share.... He who controls the countries wealth rules, and everyone there knows that...

Unfortunately, i think the only way Iraq stays as a country is with a dictator like Saddam....

Comment

Originally posted by karim0028 View Post
                      If i were a betting man (and i am not ) I would say Iraq falls into oblivion or splits into separate countries.... Could see it right when that tard Bush decided to lie to the country and take us to war...

Too many differences, too many allegiances, too much power (oil) concentrated into a tiny spot (kurds) for them to agree to share.... He who controls the countries wealth rules, and everyone there knows that...

Unfortunately, i think the only way Iraq stays as a country is with a dictator like Saddam....

Well I am a betting man. I agree we will see Iraq over time become three seperate countries. All three will hold elections. So if victory is defined as democratically elected leader, then victory it will be.

I am not speaking of the price America or any other nation paid in money or blood.

Comment

To my knowledge, there has never been a system that fully failed and disappeared before there is a different system ready to replace it (eg. warlords in Somalia to replace prior government).

A vacuum (ie. no system whatsoever) never occurs.

Does anybody have an example to contradict this theory & experience?

Comment

Let's not unlearn what we already know, shall we?

There will be no global currency.

These are the rantings of ignoramuses like Soros and conspiracy theorists.

Forget it. Think: same currencies but pegged to something in common.
                          Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by cjppjc View Post
                            Well I am a betting man. I agree we will see Iraq over time become three seperate countries. All three will hold elections. So if victory is defined as democratically elected leader, then victory it will be.

I am not speaking of the price America or any other nation paid in money or blood.
                            Iraq's future depends a lot on whether Iran decides to destabilize Iraq.

Even if the US abandons Iraq by withdrawing ground forces, the US will continue to maintain enough military and diplomatic presence in surrounding countries to maintain a certain amount of stability in the region.

The Iraqi's, for their part, still see themselves as Iraqi Arabs and distrust the Persian Iranians.

There is a reason why the British carved up the Ottoman Empire the way they did. A large and peaceful Iraq serves a necessary purpose to counterbalance Iran. Iraq split three ways only serves to destabilize the whole region and very few people want that, least of all the Turks who don't want their ethnic Kurds getting any ideas about seceding from Turkey.

Speaking of Turkey, if things do get really bad in Iraq, it is entirely likely that Turkey could enter the region in a reprise of their old role (Ottoman Empire) to stabilize in a power vacuum.

My bet is Iraq continues on its tenuous path towards stability and regional leadership.
                            Last edited by BiscayneSunrise; 03-31-09, 07:32 PM.
                            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post
                              Let's not unlearn what we already know, shall we?

There will be no global currency.

These are the rantings of ignoramuses like Soros and conspiracy theorists.

Forget it. Think: same currencies but pegged to something in common.
                              And they all are devalued first I would guess, right? Assuming gold is part of the peg.

Comment

Working...
                              X