Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to short the dollar?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time to short the dollar?

    $800B more thrown on the fire today. Started shorting yesterday to go along with gold/silver positions and cash. Blackjack at the casino can give you near even odds if you play the cards correctly. I prefer to gamble at the casino but shorting the dollar feels safer.

  • #2
    Re: Time to short the dollar?

    so what are you long?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Time to short the dollar?

      Oil. A rise in interest rates would trigger a return to the sidelines but that would be dumbfounding in the short term.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Time to short the dollar?

        Originally posted by sirbrian82 View Post
        Oil. A rise in interest rates would trigger a return to the sidelines but that would be dumbfounding in the short term.
        Ok, so you're not long on a currency trade. I assumed you were short Dollar/long Yen or something?

        How's this for a hair-raising trade? short USD/long MXN

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Time to short the dollar?

          Put it in the newsletter! Spice up those bland short USD positions with some long MXN!


          http://www.forecast-chart.com/usd-mexican-peso.html

          They quit updating in Aug, but just for fun, here's a current chart:

          http://charts.finance.ua/en/currency/forex/~/3/mxn/9

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Time to short the dollar?

            actually short USD/long MXN has been a nice trade since the beginning of this week but its a bit like favouring the three-legged horse over the one-eyed one in the long run.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Time to short the dollar?

              Looking overbought, but under these circumstances who knows...
              --ST (aka steveaustin2006)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Time to short the dollar?

                Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Ok, so you're not long on a currency trade. I assumed you were short Dollar/long Yen or something?

                How's this for a hair-raising trade? short USD/long MXN
                Originally posted by sirbrian82 View Post
                Put it in the newsletter! Spice up those bland short USD positions with some long MXN!


                http://www.forecast-chart.com/usd-mexican-peso.html

                They quit updating in Aug, but just for fun, here's a current chart:

                http://charts.finance.ua/en/currency/forex/~/3/mxn/9

                No need to kick sand this way... Anyway, I called in june that people shouldn't get long on MXN over here...

                http://www.itulip.com/forums/showthr...7278#post37278

                Originally posted by ocelotl View Post
                And yet there are the discourses whether PEMEX should keep giving 60% income to Mexican Governemnt, or try to modernize... This is all very frightening. I've grown more frightened every day since the last 11.30 USD/MXN peak quotation in August, and with the ever increasing price difference in Gas on Mexico compared to US, subsidies in imported food and grains... That's why I've taken any opportunity to get silver below MXN 210 per ounce... I've been waiting a return to the 80's in both price increases and currency depreciation since late 2004... As this all has been overseen by many, we in the extended family are getting very nervious preparing for the end of Pemex net exporting... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
                sigpic
                Attention: Electronics Engineer Learning Economics.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Time to short the dollar?

                  if you expect commodities to come back partially in correction, short USD long the Loonie mightn't be bad.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X