Is PHYS and GTU "physical" enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PHYS and GTU "physical" enough?

Bullion just seems too inconvienent to me. But should I be worried about third party risk with GTU and PHYS?
    Don't really feel like guarding a gold pile.

Re: Is PHYS and GTU "physical" enough?

If you're serious about paper gold, best to get in . . . and then get out. The timing is on you.

Comment

Originally posted by touhy View Post
      Bullion just seems too inconvienent to me. But should I be worried about third party risk with GTU and PHYS?
      I have both and also physical I can hold in my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by touhy View Post
        You can always store physical in a safety deposit box. Then you'll only have to worry about whether you can retrieve it during a bank holiday.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

you might want to visit this discussion from 3 years ago. it goes into all the issues:

http://www.itulip.com/forums/showthr...er-or-Physical

Comment

In my case, I hold most of my gold as GTU and PHYS and a little GLD in my IRAs. If it weren't for them being in IRAs I would probably have a lot more physical. Yes I know it's possible to hold physical in an IRA, but you can't keep it in your own possession. I don't like the schemes that are out there for holding physical in an IRA.

That said, to expound on Don's point, what we are attempting to do as paid iTulip members is make sure we get out in time. I don't know much of anything about the technicalities of the risks of gold instruments like PHYS etc, but I'm assuming they come into play in market collapses, not on the climb up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. With EJ's guidance, we hope to be out before that happens.

Comment

Working...
            X