Cotton as a Peak Oil Investment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cotton as a Peak Oil Investment?

In college we had a hypnotist come and give a performance. His voice was melodic...he snapped his fingers...

He had my buddy stripping his shirt off on stage, dancing like a chicken. My buddy could not remember, nor did he believe us when we were describing it. Anyway, I find it frightening to this day. That shit is real.

Comment

Originally posted by raja View Post
      I've been around for awhile, so I started to ask detailed questions, like, "How thick will you put on the asphalt?" "How wide will it be?", "Can we sign a contract before you start?". During the inspection of the driveway and our ongoing conversation, he kept raising the price for no reason, but he did it somehow in a way that my brain couldn't process what he was doing. I know that sounds strange, but it was almost like I was in a trance. If I had looked at a transcript of our conversation, I would have said, "This guy keeps raising the price from what he initially quoted . . . what's going on here?" Yet, as it was happening, I didn't question it. Perhaps it's because I wouldn't do that in the same situation, or maybe that it was so illogical that my mind couldn't believe it was happening.
      I happen to be a therapist, and sometimes I use hypnosis . There are several kind of hypnosis, including some that you won't notice. A light form of hypnosis is what is usually called "charisma". Obama has this, and Clinton even more. You project your good qualities on a person with more charisma than you.

If you are a sincere person, you project your sincerity on someone with charisma and you don't doubt too much even when he is increasing the price for no reason.

There is a way of not being affected by someones charisma. It involves breathing. Next time you find a possible charismatic con artist I advice you to breathe very slowly two or three times, then make a judgement.

Comment

Cotton is also being grown in brasil on a fairly large scale. They have enough land that high prices will take some land out of soy and into cotton.

Comment

Working...
        X