This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Janszen Interview: CNBC March 3, 2008

Eric Janszen Interviewed on CNBC March 3, 2008 on "Closing Bell" with Dennis Kneale.

Discuss the video here.

Ed.

Re: Eric Janszen Interview: CNBC March 3, 2008

18 months in cash? Is EJ talking about getting into alt energy at that time or more generally the stock market (which he expects to go down big time by end March)? If the DJIA does go down 1000 points, wouldn't that be a good time to take some positions in commodities for example (assuming they tank as well)?

Comment

FRED, great that you finally got that mother up and running. I believe, if it is possible, it sure would be nice that the superimposed comments moved up on the video at about the same rate Eric is speaking with remnants of his slow Texas drawl, y'all.

Great job, Eric. One thing you aren't generally going to hear is fund managers saying anything to do with putting OPM's in cash. I don't watch any business TV, but I bet it is rare to hear such an absolute divergence in opinion with regard to what to do now.

Hey, Eric, were you hesitant to bring up PMs? Actually it could be really poor form right now to be encouraging anyone with new money to jump into PM's. So in my opinion you were very fair not to have brought up anything about PM's.

I figured it a few minutes ago. $Silver since Dec 17, 2007 to yesterday's intraday high is up 50.94%. $Plat since Nov. 12, 2007 through today's intraday high is up 64.68%.
      Last edited by Jim Nickerson; March 05, 2008, 12:38 AM.
      Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

FRED, you really should show down the comments in the screen crawl on this video.

I played this video again just now. Jack Robinson is the guy opposite Eric and Robinson runs the Winslow Green Solutions Fund.

Listen to Eric say "difficult times" ahead for next 18 months or longer and he'd have his mother in CASH, then listen to Robinson give his spiel of 80:20 or 20:80 nonsense comparing now in "green energy" to the internet bubble, then finally look at the chart of Robinson's recently opened mutual fund. Link is below.

FRED, exactly when was Eric's article here on going short the market? It strikes me it was around the 27th of December. Note Robinson's Fund's price action. It so far topped out I believe simultaneously with Eric's article here.

It may be too much to extrapolate that whatever comprises Robinson's fund is going to move on average just as the general equities market may move over the coming months, but so far the chart of the fund compares nicely with what the equity indices have been doing, i.e. heading south.

Link to chart of Robinson's fund.
        http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/int...d=2943292&time=
        Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson View Post
          FRED, you really should show down the comments in the screen crawl on this video.

I played this video again just now. Jack Robinson is the guy opposite Eric and Robinson runs the Winslow Green Solutions Fund.

Listen to Eric say "difficult times" ahead for next 18 months or longer and he'd have his mother in CASH, then listen to Robinson give his spiel of 80:20 or 20:80 nonsense comparing now in "green energy" to the internet bubble, then finally look at the chart of Robinson's recently opened mutual fund. Link is below.

FRED, exactly when was Eric's article here on going short the market? It strikes me it was around the 27th of December. Note Robinson's Fund's price action. It so far topped out I believe simultaneously with Eric's article here.

It may be too much to extrapolate that whatever comprises Robinson's fund is going to move on average just as the general equities market may move over the coming months, but so far the chart of the fund compares nicely with what the equity indices have been doing, i.e. heading south.

Link to chart of Robinson's fund.
          http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/int...d=2943292&time=
          ha ha! ej used the "c" word (cash) on cnbc! let's see if he gets invited back.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
            ha ha! ej used the "c" word (cash) on cnbc! let's see if he gets invited back.
            To my awareness he hasn't been on Bloomberg yet, which is apparently more credible, and Bloomberg tolerate Faber's comparatively knife-like comments about the US and HOW screwed up it is.
            Last edited by Jim Nickerson; March 06, 2008, 12:37 PM.
            Jim 69 y/o

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson View Post
              To my awareness he hasn't been on Bloomberg yet, which is apparently more credible, and Bloomberg tolerate Faber's comparatively knife-like comments about the US and screwed up it is.
              yeh, you can even use the "g'" word (gold) on bloomberg and get invided back. let's see ej on bloomberg telling it like it is!

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                yeh, you can even use the "g'" word (gold) on bloomberg and get invided back. let's see ej on bloomberg telling it like it is!
                I don't "get" this. Why can't he talk about gold?

Comment

Working...
                X