Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Palin Resigns

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sarah Palin Resigns

    If this is because she's one of Gov Sanford's other mistresses I'll be heading off to Mass for the first time in many many years and rededicating myself to the Lord's work.

    As someone on the 'net pointed out:

    Governor Sanford celebrated Father's Day be leaving his four kids behind to spend 10 days with his mistress.

    Sarah Palin celebrates the 4th of July by announcing her shock resignation from government service.

    I'd say it looks like Texas Gov Perry has a hell of an act to follow for Christmas.

  • #2
    Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

    I presume Palin resigned so she could spend more time rebuilding the Republican base and possibly preparing for a run for President.
    Most folks are good; a few aren't.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

      It would be logistically impossible to be the Governor of Alaska and run for President campaigning in the lower 48 for the necessary 3 years it requires to run for office these days. Her carbon footprint would be bigger than Al Gore's, too!

      Of course, her family seems to have suffered significantly from her increased national profile, so perhaps it could just be genuine concern for their well-being. The cynic in me won't let me believe that, but it's possible.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

        I'm betting she was talking so fast because she could hear the sirens in the background and Johnny Law is on the way.

        Ed Rollins is from a different Republican party than exists today, so maybe it's not quite so surprising he gets it right:

        Ed Rollins said, to a certain extent, Palin's announcement makes her look "terribly inept."

        "I think everyone is shocked by this, and I think to a certain extent everyone is going to assume there's another story. You don't just quit with a year and a half to go. You certainly don't do this as a stepping stone to run for president. You finish the job that you're in, and obviously she's not doing that," he said.

        "I think people are going to be very suspicious because of the timing. You don't quit on the Friday of a three-day holiday. If you are going to do this, you think it through, you give a good speech," Rollins said.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

          Originally posted by WDCRob View Post
          I'm betting she was talking so fast because she could hear the sirens in the background and Johnny Law is on the way.
          I'll bet you're wrong.

          She's playing to her strength. She's the biggest draw the Republicans have on the campaign circuit.

          In turn, she can build her strength, by helping Republicans get elected in 2010, by getting to know more of America and the many issues that matter to various groups, and by getting to be known by more people.
          Most folks are good; a few aren't.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

            At Breitbart, it claims that after her public announcement, Palin said on Twitter "We'll soon attach info on decision to not seek re-election ... this is in Alaska's best interest, my family's happy ... it is good. Stay tuned"
            Most folks are good; a few aren't.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

              I think she has her eye on some big money prize. She will earn alot more soon. As for other political ambitions, who knows. The timing was bad that's for sure.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
                I'll bet you're wrong.

                She's playing to her strength. She's the biggest draw the Republicans have on the campaign circuit.

                In turn, she can build her strength, by helping Republicans get elected in 2010, by getting to know more of America and the many issues that matter to various groups, and by getting to be known by more people.
                I'm not so sure PC.

                I was a big Sarah supporter in the beginning. She was awesome in front of a teleprompter but impromptu, she was a disaster.

                Now, that doesn't mean she wasn't a good governor but she had a Dan Quayle light weight image (which in Dan's case was true) Her resume was a little light so the last thing she should have done was quit her current job. This just reinforces the flake image.

                As a card carrying member of the Republican party. I won't give her the time of day now.
                Greg

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                  Originally posted by WDCRob View Post
                  If this is because she's one of Gov Sanford's other mistresses I'll be heading off to Mass for the first time in many many years and rededicating myself to the Lord's work.


                  She was a disaster from day 1 and an embarrassment to America as a political candidate. Good riddance, I hope this is the last I hear from her but I doubt that will be the case.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                    Originally posted by WDCRob View Post
                    If this is because she's one of Gov Sanford's other mistresses I'll be heading off to Mass for the first time in many many years and rededicating myself to the Lord's work.

                    As someone on the 'net pointed out:

                    Governor Sanford celebrated Father's Day be leaving his four kids behind to spend 10 days with his mistress.

                    Sarah Palin celebrates the 4th of July by announcing her shock resignation from government service.

                    I'd say it looks like Texas Gov Perry has a hell of an act to follow for Christmas.
                    I think there's a scandal about to break . . . and she's bailing out to reduce the impact. Or, there's a scandal in the wings, and she was given the choice of resigning or being exposed. My guess is marital infidelity.

                    One can only hope . . . .
                    raja
                    Boycott Big Banks Vote Out Incumbents

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                      Originally posted by raja View Post
                      I think there's a scandal about to break . . . and she's bailing out to reduce the impact. Or, there's a scandal in the wings, and she was given the choice of resigning or being exposed. My guess is marital infidelity.

                      One can only hope . . . .
                      I think you are right about the scandal. I also suspected some sort of sex scandal. Lately Republicans seem to have this repressed sexual need to be "bad" a la Sanford. She'll try and dress it up as something else like patriotism or party loyalty.

                      I have never had a good feeling about her and this just confirms my instincts. If the Republicans think they can run her and win they may as well go ahead and forfeit the next election. She is a total lightweight and is fooling no one. Pathetic really that an office as important as the President of the US has become fair game to soccer moms and community organizers. Where are our standards?

                      This move makes her look unstable and erratic. How does this make Alaskans feel? She's used them as a stepping stone to her ambition, and now she's not willing to even pretend to want to pay her dues and actually gain some real experience. I really hope this is the end of her career but these days you need a stake through the heart to kill these egomaniacs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                        I think this is all part of a much larger Republican plan. Since Americans aren't buying "cut taxes" as a solution to every problem, and they realize the robber baron approach to economics has left the world on the brink of disaster, the Republicans are looking for a new brand.

                        Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck ... have the wingnut market, so the party needs to explore new niche markets. I think the J6P, I don't need to read no stinken newspapers, market is open for grabs.

                        With Sen Ensign, Gov Sanford, and now Sarah Palin, I believe this is actually a TV pilot for a new reality based TV series called "Republican politicians going crazy!" Each week a new Republican politician will appear before the TV cameras and tell a story of hypocrisy, travel, or even basketball. It'll be an interactive series where the audience will have to call a 900 number and vote on, how much are they lying, how long have they been lying, or simply, what the hell are they talking about!

                        During the week, comedians around the country will be given new material to work with. This will come to be known as a Republican economic stimulus program, CARP (Comedian Assistance Relief Program). The next week, a series of follow up stories will be presented showing how bogus their initial story was and those who voted correctly will get an extra week extension to their unemployment benefits.

                        Unfortunately, where one industry prospers, another will suffer under this new political outreach to the public. The writers guild of America will soon be facing more layoffs. No one can possibly write a script to compete against the reality these Republican politicians are presenting to America.

                        I'm not exactly sure how much life this series will have, but with the comeback of Newt Gingrich and rising stars like Bobby Jindal and Minnesota congresswoman Michelle Bachman, American Idol had better watch out!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                            The Real Reason She Resigned:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sarah Palin Resigns

                              Originally posted by we_are_toast View Post
                              I think this is all part of a much larger Republican plan. Since Americans aren't buying "cut taxes" as a solution to every problem, and they realize the robber baron approach to economics has left the world on the brink of disaster, the Republicans are looking for a new brand.

                              Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck ... have the wingnut market, so the party needs to explore new niche markets. I think the J6P, I don't need to read no stinken newspapers, market is open for grabs.

                              With Sen Ensign, Gov Sanford, and now Sarah Palin, I believe this is actually a TV pilot for a new reality based TV series called "Republican politicians going crazy!" Each week a new Republican politician will appear before the TV cameras and tell a story of hypocrisy, travel, or even basketball. It'll be an interactive series where the audience will have to call a 900 number and vote on, how much are they lying, how long have they been lying, or simply, what the hell are they talking about!

                              During the week, comedians around the country will be given new material to work with. This will come to be known as a Republican economic stimulus program, CARP (Comedian Assistance Relief Program). The next week, a series of follow up stories will be presented showing how bogus their initial story was and those who voted correctly will get an extra week extension to their unemployment benefits.

                              Unfortunately, where one industry prospers, another will suffer under this new political outreach to the public. The writers guild of America will soon be facing more layoffs. No one can possibly write a script to compete against the reality these Republican politicians are presenting to America.

                              I'm not exactly sure how much life this series will have, but with the comeback of Newt Gingrich and rising stars like Bobby Jindal and Minnesota congresswoman Michelle Bachman, American Idol had better watch out!

                              That was great. Or how about Battle of the GOP........fought with guns

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X