US = Inventors, Asia = Copycats. Not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US = Inventors, Asia = Copycats. Not.

New evidence to contradict the assumption of US policy-makers that the US can depend on monopoly on intellectual property and invention as its sole differentiator in the future.

Ed.

7,000,000 hits

The sitemeter counter will reach 7,000,000 on May 25th at 20:30:00 EDT

Comment

Re: US = Inventors, Asia = Copycats. Not.

OLED

Asians are the best at copying and mass producing, so YES they ARE indeed copycats. However, this doesn't preclude them from inventing (and improving upon) some really awesome things, like hybrid cars, video game consoles, next generation video and light displays, efficient medical care, culinary advances, and of course artificially intelligent robots who will end up in an interstellar galactic battle and destroy a lot of humankind in the process. (Transformers 7/4/07 originally a Japanese concept.)

Comment

That's amazing. In the last scene on that thing there's a fish swimming in water. How did they make a flat fish? ;)

Comment

OLED:

Organic
          Light
          Emitting
          Diode

LED is the type of screen you are probably looking at on your computer right now. OLED is advancement in that technology using organic compounds, and as you can see the results are stunning, you get plasma-like quality on a surface as thick as a piece of paper, with energy requirements even less then LED (which are much smaller than traditional cathode-ray tubes and projectors).

Incidentally OLED was initially invented in the US, and the initial technologies were developed by Kodak and Dow Chemical (again, US companies). So, in any case, using OLED as your argument that Asians are innovators is a pretty poor argument.

In any case, I thought the old argument was that Japan perfects what the US invents? In my own visual field that is pretty much what I see. Also I do believe China's reputation as the biggest movie, music, and video game bootleggers in the world is quite well-deserved.

Comment

Working...
          X