Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

    Thoughts?

    The JP Morgue Whistleblowers Are Back



    Promptly after those two cuddly bears explained how the JP Morgue is manipulating the silver market, and the xtranormal video went viral, forcing the FT to release an indemnification that "according to sources" JPM had covered a major portion of its silver short (only to subsequently end up with 90% control of other metals markets), here they are back, explaining in Part 2 of the series just what the next steps in the unwind of the biggest metal manipulation scheme will look like. The kicker: a JPM insider has told one of the bears that there is no commercial silver left, "it's all smoke and mirrors, and the CFTC can do nothing about it other than pray." Other topical items explained: silver backwardation, that there are two commissioners at the CFTC on the JP Morgue's payroll, the BIS' fractional gold system and the usage of side pockets for sovereign gold, and pretty much everything that ties the loose odds and ends in the PM manipulation story.

  • #2
    Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

    those xtranormal vids are some of the best shyte on the net now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

      Hmmm..............Sounds like Gold plated Tugsen bars to me

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

        Originally posted by Mega View Post
        Hmmm..............Sounds like Gold plated Tugsen bars to me
        I'd have to agree. The only thing I believe is close to true is that silver has gone from 26 to 30 as 1/4 of JPM's shorts have been covered. At least that may mean another $10 to go before they're done...definitely not $500, but good enough for me.

        Didn't MachV say one of the levels of hell were reserved for talking animals lying about their insider information?

        $1500 Gold and $40 silver is my retirement point. Then what do I do to keep my purchasing power???

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

          farmland.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

            Originally posted by doom&gloom View Post
            farmland.
            What's the rationale?

            Ever-increasing population . . . creates demand? Yes.

            But as the world gets poorer, people will shift to a more vegetarian diet, freeing up land previously allocated to livestock production. Since more vegetal food can be produced from a given amount of land compared to livestock, this might result in an increase in farmland, thus a reduction in demand and lower prices.
            Also, people would be forced to eat less due to a decrease in spending power . . . .

            I'd appreciate hearing others' opinions on farmland as an investment.
            raja
            Boycott Big Banks Vote Out Incumbents

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

              Originally posted by raja View Post
              What's the rationale?

              Ever-increasing population . . . creates demand? Yes.

              But as the world gets poorer, people will shift to a more vegetarian diet, freeing up land previously allocated to livestock production. Since more vegetal food can be produced from a given amount of land compared to livestock, this might result in an increase in farmland, thus a reduction in demand and lower prices.
              Also, people would be forced to eat less due to a decrease in spending power . . . .

              I'd appreciate hearing others' opinions on farmland as an investment.
              My own thesis runs as follows:
              • 7-8 grain inputs to create one meat output of similar weight
              • people used to eating meat do not willingly go back to eating rice and beans
              • livestock land is decreasing as more productive land gets used in industrial ag, with outputs fed to meat animals in a faster fashion
              • governments fall to starving hoardes, so governments will feed people (usually) before they waste money on other issues
              • industial ag, for all it;s energy intensity, is still more useful than individual farmers with 10 acres and a mule
              • when oil get VERY expensive, like the author Robert Hirsch says (see Financial Sense Newshour for interview), ag will come right after military in allocations for fuel
              • if energy precludes greater use of fertilizers, reducing yields will increase product pricing as marginal land and crops fall off in the production realm
              • increasing wold population is not being met with increasing arable land converted to ag production
              • limited arable land in the world
              • rising world standard of liming means greater demand for meat
              • food is a very tradeable item for fuel, whereas more iPads are not
              and finally....
              • if the shyt hits the fan, you can't grow enough to eat in an urban jungle, but you can on a farm.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                Originally posted by doom&gloom View Post
                those xtranormal vids are some of the best shyte on the net now.
                Wow, then the net is worse than cable TV.

                For real? The best ethical pleas we can get is from animated bears and voice-translation software?


                This makes me want to go long JPM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                  Originally posted by raja View Post
                  What's the rationale?

                  Ever-increasing population . . . creates demand? Yes.

                  But as the world gets poorer, people will shift to a more vegetarian diet, freeing up land previously allocated to livestock production. Since more vegetal food can be produced from a given amount of land compared to livestock, this might result in an increase in farmland, thus a reduction in demand and lower prices.
                  Also, people would be forced to eat less due to a decrease in spending power . . . .

                  I'd appreciate hearing others' opinions on farmland as an investment.

                  If the credit bubble in China bursts, food prices will crash. Farmland is not immune.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                    Originally posted by doom&gloom View Post
                    My own thesis runs as follows:

                    • 7-8 grain inputs to create one meat output of similar weight
                    • people used to eating meat do not willingly go back to eating rice and beans
                    • livestock land is decreasing as more productive land gets used in industrial ag, with outputs fed to meat animals in a faster fashion
                    • governments fall to starving hoardes, so governments will feed people (usually) before they waste money on other issues
                    • industial ag, for all it;s energy intensity, is still more useful than individual farmers with 10 acres and a mule
                    • when oil get VERY expensive, like the author Robert Hirsch says (see Financial Sense Newshour for interview), ag will come right after military in allocations for fuel
                    • if energy precludes greater use of fertilizers, reducing yields will increase product pricing as marginal land and crops fall off in the production realm
                    • increasing wold population is not being met with increasing arable land converted to ag production
                    • limited arable land in the world
                    • rising world standard of liming means greater demand for meat
                    • food is a very tradeable item for fuel, whereas more iPads are not

                    and finally....

                    • if the shyt hits the fan, you can't grow enough to eat in an urban jungle, but you can on a farm.
                    Essentially, as fossil energy sources are depleted every available space will be used for bio-solar-energy-collectors (plants). Humans require a lot of energy to live, and their fossil-energy subsidy is coming to an end.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                      Perhaps I am living with "normalcy bias", but the video starts off with silver backwardation as a major issue. As it was doing in February 2009 apparently: http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1234658038.php. Similar to an inverted yield curve. Silver prices have risen since, but not parabolically in early 2009, so this doesn't necessarily indicate a parabolic rise now.

                      For now the traders are firmly in control, and they tend to win. I see the creators of this video as just more people that are obviously loaded with precious metals pumping their own positions (to the wrong people I think).

                      Until there is a global panic AND available cash to invest (which most in the US doesn't have right now), the traders and major powers will retain control, and the Curbstone strategy will win. Don't hold your breath for $40 silver until 2012.

                      Disclosure: I am not supporting my long PM stocks position with this post.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                        Originally posted by doom&gloom View Post
                        farmland.
                        Farmland...
                        With mineral rights (a natural gas well?) non-polluted water supply, & perhaps in an area where wind is such that one can reliably harness enough to pump well-water.

                        Check soil conditions...

                        Actual investments: Organic soil conditioning amendments/minerals, like a natural source potash.

                        Practical/functional "investments"

                        Heirloom seed-stocks which have been grown for generations in your region or (at least) at your latitude. Kelp meal and alfalfa (seed & meal).

                        Retire... parcel off land to people you would like to have as neighbours. Grow & harvest organic crops & seed stocks of your own to sell.

                        While this all might sound granola-eating-hippy-ish, I know of a retired couple who got into farming organic spelt grain. It was just something for them "to do". Now, they're recognized, and get top $ from the Japanese for their "hobby" spelt (flour) crop.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                          > For now the traders are firmly in control

                          Silver is in backwardation. This is apparently on all markets other than COMEX.

                          I have not seen the details but James Turk claims COMEX changed the rules for their calculation such that COMEX Silver will never be in backwardation again.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                            With the exception of 1mo Silver, LBMA lease rates spiked positive on Friday, which I interpret as a rise in [bank] demand - tight physical market....




                            Almost identical to the spike in values at the end of August....




                            End of month reaction [August] Silver....



                            For entertainment purposes only...not

                            -joaquin-

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Game Over: No commercial SILVER left

                              Originally posted by thisandthat.nowandth View Post
                              For entertainment purposes only
                              I like your taste for entertainment - thanks.
                              Most folks are good; a few aren't.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X