X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 400,000 Troops to be kept in the US by Pentagon

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
    Well you showcased your intelligence.

How can a military be bloated when our presidents tell them to do more and more while decreasing their manpower to do so? G.H.W. Bush cut it down to the bone, Clinton cut into the bone while telling them to do more and more "peacekeeping" do-gooder bullsh*t, and then G.W. Bush hired a dumbass Secretary of Defense that thought all war was was just having a satellite-guided missile hit a building as if it was some f*cking video game.

If the majority of posters on this thread wish to actually become educated about the U.S. military, there are a lot of blogs out there that are military versions of iTulip.
    Indeed. Navy strategic stuff can be found at Information Dissemination, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
      Well you showcased your intelligence.

How can a military be bloated when our presidents tell them to do more and more while decreasing their manpower to do so? G.H.W. Bush cut it down to the bone, Clinton cut into the bone while telling them to do more and more "peacekeeping" do-gooder bullsh*t, and then G.W. Bush hired a dumbass Secretary of Defense that thought all war was was just having a satellite-guided missile hit a building as if it was some f*cking video game. And that point of view was how a successful overthrow of a horrible dictator got turned into a damn quagmire, not enough troops!

If the majority of posters on this thread wish to actually become educated about the U.S. military, there are a lot of blogs out there that are military versions of iTulip.
      in his defense... not saying that the usa mil is 'bloated' as in more personnel than the mission demands... but the mission is ridiculous.
      Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes… known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare. — James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

Comment

in his defense... not saying that the usa mil is 'bloated' as in more personnel than the mission demands... but the mission is ridiculous.
        Thanks Metalman, that is exactly what I meant.

The size Armed forces actually required to defend the USA is a fraction of what we have now. The excess is what we use to project power over the entire world, usually at the behest of GLOBAL corporations and smilar interests, which often are not in our country's best interest.

Of course the US military is being asked to do too much and is spread to thin for the mission. This thread was about troop levels AT HOME.

Eisenhower originally wanted to call it the " Military Industrial CORPORATE complex" in his speech, but was convinced not to use "corporate" in the term.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1CDmn8q0M

rj1, despite your kneejerk personal insult, you might be surprised to know I'm actually very well versed on military issues, not only now, but throughout history. Its a lifelong hobby of mine. Not something I get from the mainstream media or my local party meetings. :rolleyes: Right now I'm on my third book about the War in Chechnya. I'm sure you know all about that conflict, right? When I'm through with that, I have the history of the Balkans sitting on my bedside table.

More from Chalmers Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPr_T...eature=related
        Last edited by flintlock; 08-17-09, 09:47 AM.

Comment

The government can barely mobilize troops against a nation that the world is semi convinced is building nuclear bombs.

The fact is, the US has the second amendment. Until that gets repealed or is in danger of being repealed, there really is nothing the US can do against its own people.

Comment

Would it be fair to say that mortgage brokers writing liar loans en masse was ‘conspiracy’ to ‘deprived’ the ‘privilege’ of home ownership to a ‘class of people’..??

From the insurrection act of 1807;

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—

(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

Comment

Working...
            X