• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lektrode
    replied
    Re: While Clinton Offers a Resume, Warren Offers a Plan

talk about FIRE in the hole?

The 2016 Presidential Election Is Already a Dumpster Fire

altho methinks whats REALLY going on is that the donald senses that he'll need the lower manhattan mob for another bailout here perty quick - so he's playing ralph nader (aka, a double agent) this time around for GUESS WHO:

As Trump Surges in the Polls, Hispanic Voters Flock to Hillary Clinton

Leave a comment:

• lektrode
    replied

Originally posted by vt View Post
    This will eliminate any social conservatives from the Republican field.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/0...nalysis-finds/

http://nypost.com/2015/06/06/how-a-m...anged-america/

not all of them are so sure...

A Professor Speaks Out: How Coddled, Hyper Sensitive Undergrads Are Ruining College Learning

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied

Election Day . . .

shot from a drone, naturally

Leave a comment:

• vt
    replied

This will eliminate any social conservatives from the Republican field.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/0...nalysis-finds/

http://nypost.com/2015/06/06/how-a-m...anged-america/
    Last edited by vt; 06-07-15, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vt
    replied

There isn't any meat on our bones now!

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied

My fiat currency is on Hilary. She's as perfectly divisive as Obama and Georgie are/were. It's too good to pass up. The Pubs can keep congress, with a Dem in the WH. Triangulation by Strangulation. 4 years, baby, as the country's middle class is drained to the bone . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman
    replied

Originally posted by lektrode View Post
    yeah woody - got any obs ...)
    Oh sure, like it's a BIG mystery? A horse race all the way to the end. Puh-leeze.

You know the score; it's HillBill or Bonny Prince Bush III. Either one will do just the same.

And I told you, fellas Nobody's my guy. I'm behind Nobody 110%.

Leave a comment:

• lektrode
    replied

I'll go after the Republican field in due course.

Who do you like Woodsman?
    its not like any of them are missing any warts.

yeah woody - got any obs on who might be a viable alternative to 'the coronation' ?
    (since there's nobody on team R that's even close to hitlery..)

Leave a comment:

• vt
    replied

I'll go after the Republican field in due course.

Who do you like Woodsman?

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman
    replied

But why all the hot air on Clinton and Warren? You're not supporting either, so why bother? I expect most folks here have learned everything they need to know about HillBill since at least 1993, so it's not entirely clear what it is you're trying to accomplish.

God bless you if you're still operating on the belief that your vote "counts." But if that's the case, why not instead share articles and posts on those candidate you do support; those candidate you think should win. It's a tremendous bore, otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• vt
    replied

JK

I fully agree that society is a partnership between public infrastructure and private industry and citizens. We need efficient government.

As I stated: to attack business owners as not building anything is mean spirited. Yes, business uses and needs public infrastructure, but what Warren doesn't get is the entrepreneurship of building businesses creates all those millions of jobs. These jobs provide income which governments can then tax to build and maintain the infrastructure. Warren acts like business needs government, but government doesn't need business. Obama and Warren never had to build anything, Warren was sheltered by academia most of her life.

Warren is already acting like she's the President:

"Progressives like Elizabeth Warren are happy to see settlements in which companies bow before Washington and, for their corporate sins, pay shareholder money in tribute to the feds. We prefer trials that allow our judicial system to determine which if any individualsbroke the law and can be held accountable.

Sen. Warren also criticizes the SEC’s practice of granting waivers to firms admitting guilt from restrictions that would otherwise bar them from enjoying certain privileges in the securities markets. She quotes her pal Ms. Stein, who said recently that granting such waivers to banks “effectively rendered criminal convictions of financial institutions largely symbolic.”Of course they did, which is the point of the political exercise. While Ms. Stein frequently opposes waivers that save banks money, she’s much less inclined to deny a waiver when the viability of the firm would be thrown into question. In other words, she wants kudos from the Warren crowd for bashing a bank, without the accountability that would come from destroying one.Let’s have trials instead, and if a bank really is a criminal enterprise, break it up. And if not, regulators shouldn’t browbeat managers to admit firm-wide guilt for actions they may have known nothing about.And speaking of a return to accountability, if Ms. Warren wants the authority to hire SEC commissioners, she should first have to win a presidential election."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/presiden...16429736837745

Last edited by vt; 06-04-15, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jk
    replied

P.S. It seems like some of the posting here has been from left wing sources, but no one brings that up.
    when the information is wrong or distorted, please point it out. and i mean that seriously. i appreciate the mutual respect itulip members give each other [for the most part] and would like to think we are all truth seekers, whatever position we start out with.

also, re the "you didn't build that" meme: my understanding of that phrase is that we all rely on public [AND PRIVATE] infrastructure. the entrepreneur doesn't have to build the roads to ship his goods, or build the internet backbone to sell his downloads, and so on. we depend on both public infrastructure - most roads and bridges, and private infrastructure to allow for and even promote or enhance other private business activity. we are neither individuals who are totally independent of the rest of society to support our efforts, but nor are we mere channels for social expression.

Leave a comment:

• lektrode
    replied

The Herald/Globe is like the New York Daily News/New York Times. Tabloid vs. Newspaper.
    would say thats even handed, but the herald was usually quite to the right of the globe...

Leave a comment:

• lektrode
    replied

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
    I couldn't care less if a source is leftwing or rightwing, as long as they get the facts straight and don't use loaded propaganda phrases to try to sway me.
    +1
    even tho some of the 'loaded propaganda phrases' CAN be quite.... ummmm... entertaining as well as quite informative+insightful (not to mention INCITEFUL)

ie: Another "Giant Sucking Sound" ? - just fer instance...

Leave a comment:

• vt
    replied

The Herald/Globe is like the New York Daily News/New York Times. Tabloid vs. Newspaper.

Remember when the National Enquirer broke the John Edwards baby story?

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X