Fate of the Itulip Annual Forecast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fate of the Itulip Annual Forecast?

I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate place to post this, but I wasn't sure where this should be addressed. Also, no doubt this has been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it (maybe this was only explained in the Subscriber section).

I have followed Itulip since 2008. The investment ideas and insights and theses I found here have been an integral part of my education and market outlook. For several years, Itulip always consisted of a two-tiered Annual Forecast for gold and other asset classes, where there was a public article available to all and then a private one with more details available only to subscribers. Yet the last publicly available article is dated January 31st, 2014. To the uninformed eye, this represents an abandonment of the previously used means of communicating with the public.

Could someone clue me in as to why? Also, is there any expectation that this will be resumed in the future? Would I be wrong in assuming that this is in some way tied to the fate of gold for the last few years, which has chilled the interest in it as an asset class?

If anyone could provide some information about this, it would be much appreciated.

Re: Fate of the Itulip Annual Forecast?

I am not EJ and don't know him personally beyond reading his writing here. I think the softness in gold isn't why he has wrote less recently, but rather that he has been more busy working on startups like VirZoom. Gold may remain weak in Dollar terms until oil prices begin to shoot up. And that could perhaps be a year or more out from now.

I'd guess that when the macro-economy starts melting down more EJ would start writing more. But he also mentioned his willingness to work on & invest in startups was predicated on the thesis things wouldn't come crashing down soon.

Comment

Working...
    X