Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJIA under 8000 in 2008? Who could have known?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJIA under 8000 in 2008? Who could have known?

DJIA under 8000 in 2008? Who could have known?

The following two sets of charts compare our March 2006 and December 2007 forecasts with November 2008 actuals.

March 2006 we forecast the DJIA to revert to an inflation-adjusted mean 50% or more lower than current levels. December 2007 we forecast a 40% decline in 2008.

Friday we'll tell you how we did it and what we think it means.

Chart above shows iTulip reversion to the inflation-adjusted mean forecasts (yellow lines) March 2006
    1. Worst cast
    2. Moderate case
    3. Best cast

Actual Nov. 2008: Worse than our 2006 worst case forecast. Call it:
    0. Worst, worse case

Chart above shows iTulip forecast Dec. 27, 2007 for the US stock market in 2008 (Debt Deflation Bear Market $ubscriber)

Same chart updated for the stock market today, Nov. 19, 2008

So much for efficient markets.

iTulip Select: The Investment Thesis for the Next Cycle™

To receive the iTulip Newsletter or iTulip Alerts, Join our FREE Email Mailing List

Copyright iTulip, Inc. 1998 - 2007 All Rights Reserved

All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Nothing appearing on this website should be considered a recommendation to buy or to sell any security or related financial instrument. iTulip, Inc. is not liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. Full Disclaimer
    Last edited by FRED; 11-20-08, 09:25 AM.
    Ed.

Re: DJIA under 8000 in 2008? Who could have known?

So much for efficient markets.

Well, efficient at taking almost everyone's money, at least.

Comment

Me Thinks the labeling is the wrong way round!

1. Should be the best case. GM & Ford etc going bankrupt.

3. Worst Case. Said companies being bailed out.

Comment

Where I work today we had a 401k educational meeting with some outside financial consultants. I decided I better not attend for fear of yelling at them. One of my friends came back and described it as "the 401k brainwashing session". They kept repeating the mantra that the market is going to bounce back, and urging everyone to stay in. And something about "if you miss the 10 best days of the rebound you could really hurt your total investment". Yeah, how about that 40% hurt in the past year?

I figure this is the kind of advice people are getting across the country unless they've been proactive enough to dig deeper and find sites like iTulip.

Comment

Working...
        X